Coronavirus compendium thread

Its getting worse than I first thought

I am in Asia currently, and not really given it much thought, fine so far

Year of the rat mate so you will be fine 😉
Wife's come home bad today, says it's like vertigo what shes had before, she went straight to bed ab out 5 and slept for 4 hours then got up and was sick no supper and back to bed, says shes so tired.

She works in a school so you never know if parents have been anywhere that's got it.

Never seen her this poorly

Theres loads going about at the minute in schools. Ive just recovered today from something similar both the bairns had picked up after being ill two weeks ago as well.

The school is a joke, mind. Just let any kids in regardless of how poorly they are. They should be turning them away (corona virus or no corona virus)

Last edited:

Wife's come home bad today, says it's like vertigo what shes had before, she went straight to bed ab out 5 and slept for 4 hours then got up and was sick no supper and back to bed, says shes so tired.

She works in a school so you never know if parents have been anywhere that's got it.

Never seen her this poorly
Wear a face mask to bed. Better safe etc.

I'm not scared for myself .
But I am realistic- having two elderly parents in my family who are not in perfect health concentrates the mind...

- I'm simply pointing out the inanity of some of your comments.

( And by the by - don't start calling people fannies when they point out published facts - as that does make you look very stupid indeed )

You said :- "it's a mild flu that kills the already weakened."

In fact we now know that according to the professionals- its only mild in some people - not in all - and in many cases the fever is considerable and has the ability to kill healthy adult doctors by affecting lung function
- more than 7 fit and able doctors and nurses had reportedly died in China by 18 Feb - so its probably higher than that bt now.

The fatality rate is still an unknown as many who caught the virus are still classed as sick.
Even if all the sick recovered it would still be over 2 % (which is 20x worse than 'regular' flu.)

What you seem to be missing is The following :-

how 'lethal ' a disease is, is not simply a function of the fatality rate ( ie how many infected actually die). It's also a function of how many actually catch it - how easy it is transmissible from human to human.
Sars for example had a fatality rate of 10% but it was difficult to catch . ..

Covid 19 is insidious- because it appears to transmit readily - but it hides it's symptoms for up to 20 days while the person is busy passing it on.

A bit of balanced info here ..

Also worth noting mortality rate in Wuhan was 4.9% and outside provinces 0.16% which skews figures. This is thought to be because Wuhan were totally under prepared and had no resources to deal with it whatsoever.

In addition there was a theory that it affects more men than women. In China it has but that seems to be largely because men in China are heavy smoker but not many women do. This could also be affecting the 'fit' doctors I presume.

Its going to be difficult to get any sort of clarity or understanding of it until it hits the western world imo.

We’re in the clarts now. Bloke caught it in UK. Source of infection unclear. It’s here. It’s spreading
No need to panic. ...

It's bound to spread to some degree - but there's nothing yet to say that everyone will become infected.

Remember we have flu outbreaks every winter but most don't get it.

I haven't had flu for 25 years.

It might sound daft but, should we go into lockdown, one of my major priorities is cat food (admittedly prescription cat food) and also cat meds. My own medical requirements are immediately below this and then I've got a range of stuff in the freezer.
Freezer won't help you, Electric supplies will go off quickly

An old age pensioner told me he thinks its man made and asked me what I thought. I said I don't know!
He seemed disappointed I didn't rant on about a conspiracy theory.

I think there may have been a lot of conspiracy theory nutcases in the main stream media with their own version of events. I've also been informed conspiracy theorists are now classed as dangerous by the general public.

An old age pensioner told me he thinks its man made and asked me what I thought. I said I don't know!
He seemed disappointed I didn't rant on about a conspiracy theory.

I think there may have been a lot of conspiracy theory nutcases in the main stream media with their own version of events. I've also been informed conspiracy theorists are now classed as dangerous by the general public.
why didnt you just make summit up, hes old, respect ya elders, just tell him hes right ya queer ****

why didnt you just make summit up, hes old, respect ya elders, just tell him hes right ya queer ****
Because I didn't feel the need to lie to him he is a good gent.
These conspiracy theorists are very convincing and it WILL brain wash you.

My advice is unless you are doing a study of conspiracy theorists avoid like it has the COVID-19 virus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back