Conspiracy Theory Regards Ross Stewart Injury

We've been almost a site of pilgrimage for injured players who would otherwise be somewhere better if they could play up to their potential consistently

I liked Stewart alot but I see nothing untoward in him leaving in any sense

Typically when clubs buy players they do due diligence on them, and fees are adjusted as a result of things like the medical. So I doubt we pulled the wool over Southampton's eyes, and I'd be surprised if we've had anywhere near the ÂŁ10m fee we hear bandied about. It'll be a staged payment over several seasons and possibly dependent on appearances. Ie we might not have had much money from them for him yet.

As to whether his injury record overshadowed contract negotiations, it wouldn't surprise me. Then again we signed Bradley Dack and Corey Evans.
Correct , otherwise no insurance company will touch them ( club wise )

Maybe you need to slow down and actually read what people are saying. You’re going at 110mph again…

ÂŁ10m fee mentioned in media, which was also broken down as ÂŁ8m fee with add ons.

This isn’t even the point I was replying too or which you were originally asking though you know that. Off we go moving goal posts again.

You asked where people were getting £10m from. I replied saying “in the media”.
You’ve got to admire his/her persistence at being an awkward fecker. Like a dog with a bone.

I thought his latest injury was from this season (not his Achilles)
Conspiracy ended.
His latest injury is not related to the first according to Southampton forums. I reckon he'll recover and will be back to his prolific ways.
Don't think he will hit the dizzy heights of being a prolific striker in the prem as he works too hard off the ball dropping deep, holding the ball up and running the channels and isn't selfish enough.
His work rate is second to none which is probanly what fucked him and ultimately fucked us. IMO we overplayed him.
If he does recover from his latest injury I would love to see the lad do really well and have a great career, he deserves nothing less.

Last edited:
Injury aside. He should've been sat down before he went away with Scotland that summer we got promoted and given a new deal. Like Alex Neil said. Same as last summer we should've sorted Clarkes contract.

Did our medical team know that Ross Stewart's injury was a really bad one, after all he hasn't kicked a ball in anger yet for Southampton. Thus why KLD was unmoved regards contract talks? Southampton's medical team can't be upto much allowing this transfer through or did our med team have insider knowledge. Just a topic to debate as we have no game.
Had he not got injured and what were seeing with Clarke...would the situation re similar contract stance be the same

We offered Stewart several new contracts from at least the summer of 2022. His agent played hard ball and they wouldn't accept any offer.

The Scottish international got an automatic wage increase following Sunderland’s promotion to the Championship, but they will offer the striker an another increase as well as an extended deal.

You can't blame the club for not acting soon enough to tie him down to a new deal. I can't imagine we'd have been offering him shite money. We signed the likes of Clarke on a new deal after then.

No surprise he signed for a club with parachute money burning a hole in their pocket.

Ross might have a chance of a cameo or 2 if Southampton get in the play offs.

Typically when clubs buy players they do due diligence on them, and fees are adjusted as a result of things like the medical. So I doubt we pulled the wool over Southampton's eyes, and I'd be surprised if we've had anywhere near the ÂŁ10m fee we hear bandied about. It'll be a staged payment over several seasons and possibly dependent on appearances. Ie we might not have had much money from them for him yet.

As to whether his injury record overshadowed contract negotiations, it wouldn't surprise me. Then again we signed Bradley Dack and Corey Evans.
Apparently it’s all upfront

the medical team knar nowt iirc mate but the model knew everything. same with moogy there, the model detected what the quacks wouldn't uncover for several weeks.

Back