Conspiracy Theory Regards Ross Stewart Injury

Did our medical team know that Ross Stewart's injury was a really bad one, after all he hasn't kicked a ball in anger yet for Southampton. Thus why KLD was unmoved regards contract talks? Southampton's medical team can't be upto much allowing this transfer through or did our med team have insider knowledge. Just a topic to debate as we have no game.

Did our medical team know that Ross Stewart's injury was a really bad one, after all he hasn't kicked a ball in anger yet for Southampton. Thus why KLD was unmoved regards contract talks? Southampton's medical team can't be upto much allowing this transfer through or did our med team have insider knowledge. Just a topic to debate as we have no game.
A ruptured Achilles is nearly always a bad one.

Typically when clubs buy players they do due diligence on them, and fees are adjusted as a result of things like the medical. So I doubt we pulled the wool over Southampton's eyes, and I'd be surprised if we've had anywhere near the £10m fee we hear bandied about. It'll be a staged payment over several seasons and possibly dependent on appearances. Ie we might not have had much money from them for him yet.

As to whether his injury record overshadowed contract negotiations, it wouldn't surprise me. Then again we signed Bradley Dack and Corey Evans.

Common sense from Sunderland for a change. Why on earth would you break the bank to keep seriously injured player? Especially when there's a potential bid there for him.

Typically when clubs buy players they do due diligence on them, and fees are adjusted as a result of things like the medical. So I doubt we pulled the wool over Southampton's eyes, and I'd be surprised if we've had anywhere near the £10m fee we hear bandied about. It'll be a staged payment over several seasons and possibly dependent on appearances. Ie we might not have had much money from them for him yet.

As to whether his injury record overshadowed contract negotiations, it wouldn't surprise me. Then again we signed Bradley Dack and Corey Evans.
safc said udisclosed fee.....the £10mn is a number cited in here but not sure based on what
If Stewart had not been injured he would have been sold anyway. Southampton were a bit silly really as terrible injuries he has had. Nice lad though and I hope he recovers.
of course he would have been sold anyway if people are offering that level of money for a guy of that age with just a handful of championship games as the peak of his CV..

Last edited:

Pretty much agree and it's Corry by the way.

Ultimately he had really bad injury on back of hamstring injury first three months of season last year
It’s Southamptons job to do due diligence give him medical etc
We haven’t really done anything wrong

As others have said, Achilles injuries are horrendous to recover from and SAFC did brilliantly to get the £10m+ they did. It's shit for the player but it's a risk I certainly wouldn't have taken at that price. You don't need to me a medical expert to understand how bad of an injury an achilles tear is. I've had issues with my achilles myself and even without a full blown tear it is brutal to get back somewhere near normal.

The suggestion that the payment for Ross was deferred over a series of years and/or based on appearance will probably explain why nothing was spent on a replacement ... there wasn't any money to spend. But you can't win anything with just kids!!!

Back