Conspiracy Theory Regards Ross Stewart Injury

hid dodgy injury history means we shouldnt have tried to match southamptons offer..
The time to improve his contract was before he scored 10 goals in 13 Championship games for us. The only way we were keeping him was by getting promoted and receiving PL tv money.

At that point we all would have gladly ignored his injury record he was that good.
Southampton shouldn’t have paid as much or pay him so much in wages. It was a stupid signing and looking at how they’re doing without him totally unnecessary
They made about £150m in player sales and got parachute payments, it was loose change for them. Obviously it hasn't worked out so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does next season.

Did our medical team know that Ross Stewart's injury was a really bad one, after all he hasn't kicked a ball in anger yet for Southampton. Thus why KLD was unmoved regards contract talks? Southampton's medical team can't be upto much allowing this transfer through or did our med team have insider knowledge. Just a topic to debate as we have no game.

I think his latest injury isn't 'associated' with his achilles injury, however i'd assume in some way it is associated as it kept him off the grass for months on end, with no training meaning that in general he was likely to be more susceptible to injuries than he was previously.

It's like Mings at villa, photo doing the rounds and one leg is significantly smaller than the other, regardless of how you rate him, id be fairly confident he wont be the same when he returns.

The time to improve his contract was before he scored 10 goals in 13 Championship games for us. The only way we were keeping him was by getting promoted and receiving PL tv money.

At that point we all would have gladly ignored his injury record he was that good.

They made about £150m in player sales and got parachute payments, it was loose change for them. Obviously it hasn't worked out so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does next season.
giving him a bg new contract before he had done anything a championship level would have been foolishthough a wage invcrease beyond the one he got of course would have been justified.
stewart will be 29 next year..

He's out for the season with a hamstring injury and not achilles injury
This it's a different injury, when someone is out that long there's always the chance something else goes when they comeback. The lad was out for so long it was inevitable, they'd have been pressure on him and the club to get him on the grass too all that money invested in him to push them back into promotion picture.

They tried to pull out of the deal at the last minute didn't they. They cited the refusal of another CF to move on and stay put as the reason like, but seeing as how this is a conspiracy thread!!!!

safc said udisclosed fee.....the £10mn is a number cited in here but not sure based on what

of course he would have been sold anyway if people are offering that level of money for a guy of that age with just a handful of championship games as the peak of his CV..

safc said udisclosed fee.....the £10mn is a number cited in here but not sure based on what

of course he would have been sold anyway if people are offering that level of money for a guy of that age with just a handful of championship games as the peak of his CV..
What do you mean a guy of that age with a handful of games? At the time of his injury he was 26 not 33, a player coming into his prime. He had scored 40 goals in 81 games for us, including 13 in 10 at championship level. But he shouldn't be judged on his goals alone. His all round game was terrific, great workrate, running the channels, dragging defenders about creating space for others and was our best defender at set pieces. He was the best centre forward this club has had since Quinn and Phillips days. Whether he got injured at Fulham or not, he would have been sold, because our owners would never have paid him what he was worth, ( Same as Clarke now).
In hindsight, selling him has proved (so far) to be a very good decision for us.
In my opinion, if he hadn't got injured, we would be in the premier league now

Did our medical team know that Ross Stewart's injury was a really bad one, after all he hasn't kicked a ball in anger yet for Southampton. Thus why KLD was unmoved regards contract talks? Southampton's medical team can't be upto much allowing this transfer through or did our med team have insider knowledge. Just a topic to debate as we have no game.
He has played for Southampton. And he has a different injury

I call coincidence. Our medical team is incompetent. Still waiting for Roberts’ 2 week injury to clear up nearly 3 months later. Not a chance did our medical team actually foresee something happening when they can’t even manage simple muscle strains. We got lucky, if that’s the right word for it.

What do you mean a guy of that age with a handful of games? At the time of his injury he was 26 not 33, a player coming into his prime. He had scored 40 goals in 81 games for us, including 13 in 10 at championship level. But he shouldn't be judged on his goals alone. His all round game was terrific, great workrate, running the channels, dragging defenders about creating space for others and was our best defender at set pieces. He was the best centre forward this club has had since Quinn and Phillips days. Whether he got injured at Fulham or not, he would have been sold, because our owners would never have paid him what he was worth, ( Same as Clarke now).
In hindsight, selling him has proved (so far) to be a very good decision for us.
In my opinion, if he hadn't got injured, we would be in the premier league now
handful of games at championship level..not handful of games for the club or in his career of course..
26 isnt old but it is at, or near, a players peak, implying limited room to improve from there...
I call coincidence. Our medical team is incompetent. Still waiting for Roberts’ 2 week injury to clear up nearly 3 months later. Not a chance did our medical team actually foresee something happening when they can’t even manage simple muscle strains. We got lucky, if that’s the right word for it.
whne did the medical team say roberts injury was two weeks?

Ross Stewart was never going to be offered a contract he would sign due to our owners desire to do everything on the cheap. Then who knows what has happened with his transfer money.

so there was no £10mn recieved for stewart then..?
What you on about? :lol: Let rewind as you're off on yet another Kildare tangent.

You asked where the £10m figure had come from as you'd only seen people using it on here. I replied saying it was widely reported in the media at the time (ie where people had got it from) although we don’t know how much of it was up front. I’d personally seen £8m mentioned in the press.

Yawn

Ross Stewart was never going to be offered a contract he would sign due to our owners desire to do everything on the cheap. Then who knows what has happened with his transfer money.
we know what happened to his transfer money..it was spent on signing strikers...
the owners made the right decision not payong stewrat loads of money...with his injury record
What you on about? :lol: Let rewind as you're off on yet another Kildare tangent.

You asked where the £10m figure had come from as you'd only seen people using it on here. I replied saying it was widely reported in the media at the time (ie where people had got it from) although we don’t know how much of it was up front. I’d personally seen £8m mentioned in the press.

Yawn
so was £8mn or £10mn mentioned in the press? You have cited both numbers as "mentioned in the press"

One of those cases where a major injury increases the chance of picking up other injuries later on isn't it?

Saints took the gamble.

He's out for the season with a hamstring injury and not achilles injury

I thought his latest injury was from this season (not his Achilles)
A injury as serious as he had can then lead to the body suffering other issues as it tries to compensate for what it sees as a damaged area......i.e other muscles , tendons try to take the load away from the achilles.

so was £8mn or £10mn mentioned in the press? You have cited both numbers as "mentioned in the press"
Maybe you need to slow down and actually read what people are saying. You’re going at 110mph again…

£10m fee mentioned in media, which was also broken down as £8m fee with add ons.

This isn’t even the point I was replying too or which you were originally asking though you know that. Off we go moving goal posts again.

You asked where people were getting £10m from. I replied saying “in the media”.

I'd heard we got Kate Middleton to photoshop the X-rays.

Back