Conspiracy Corner : Did they gan on the moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes they did land on the moon. I saw it on the telly when I was at school.
They even left a cameraman on the moon to film the lunar landing capsule blasting off back up to the command module

The reason they have not been back is the cost of putting humans on the Moon. Massively more expensive than say, sending probes/machinery to Mars. Life-support and safety precautions are expensive. Anyway, they've been and won the race to The Moon which was Kennedy's stated intent: they've even brought bits back to Earth. After they had been to The Moon a few times the American Public lost interest in the project, the novelty had worn off. The cost/benefit equation of sending men to The Moon doesn't stack up against the cost/benefit of getting exciting stuff from the other planets etc.

You only have to look at the reaction of the Rosetta/Philae mission to the asteroid. I think it was a fantastic milestone achievement in human history. There was a public outcry from many "but kids are dying of cancer. Cure cancer, poverty and world hunger and then think about space". The cost was something like 2p per EU citizen.

Personally I hate people who think like that. Take the entire world and solve one problem at a time, don't even think about anything else until the one on the top of the list is solved - unless someone spots a huge asteroid heading for us and we find nobody knows what to do because we didn't invest in space science research. Probably the same who can't blame Moyes because Short is failing. Both are crap.

For some reason @ProfessionalMackem dodged this request the last time I asked.

Please name just one peer reviewed scientist who doesn't believe man set foot on the moon.

Fill yer boots...
All he can ever do is post YouTube links

You have a natural curiosity which is ace, but you read utter shit to satisfy that curiosity.

I remember you talking about gravity. I asked why you don't read einstein rather than listen to the joe billy redneck youtube channel. You never did answer.

Its proven beyond all reasobable doubt that we landed on the moon. It's been independently verified by the Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Chinese space prograns. Who have either seen the debris or photographed the exact same spot they walked.

Its aldo been independently verified thousands, if not tens of thousands, of times by independent astronomers who have observed the debris left behind, at the exact spot the us say they landed.

This conspiracy theory is a joke. As bad and as simple to disprove as the flat earth. We landed, left debris and you can still see the debris now if you want to see it. From earth, from space or whereever you want to see it. Because its there.

Do some reading mate. Real sources though, not the redneck thick fuck websites you usually seem to enjoy.

You're cleverer than this man.

You on the other hand aren't cleverer than this
In now way am I subscribing to this theory but you're mistaken in thinking astronomers can peer through a telescope and see debris on the moon.

It must have been 2-3 months since a moon landing thread came up on here.

The conspiracy people make out that it was a little group of 20 people telling a fib. Each landing mission and the failed 13 mission was tracked by people all around the world. Because the earth is a spinning ball with the moon moving around it, the USA could not stay in constant contact with the crafts so had to make use of radio telescope facilities in Europe, South America and Australia. At the same time as the first landing, the Russian's landed an unmanned craft so had all their space tracking resources pointed at the moon. The amount of people and resource involved was so huge, it would have been virtually impossible to fake. Nobody has come out and said "Oh the set, yes I built the backdrop for that", "Did you, I faked the radio transmissions".

And the Russians would have loved to have shown the USA up for being lying bastards.

My Dad is adamant it didn't happen.

He has conspiracies about everything though 9/11, Princess Diana, Maddie McCann, Pearl Harbour the lot
I think most conspiracy theorists have over imaginative minds. The twin towers was dodgy as fuck though.

HONestly man. If this was true, don't you think it'd be a bit more newsworthy than just 19k YouTube views in 2 months?!
I agree. Further to that, if whatever the video says posed fatal challenges to the moon landings, then the medium for transmission of this gargantuan, scientific, mass conspiracy would probably not be via a tiny-budget, barely watched YouTube video - it would be absolutely global news, in every newspaper, everywhere. The scientific community and NASA would be in disarray. As it happens, they aren't. And nobody ever provides a valid and sound argument as to why their pet 'assertion' must, necessarily be the case.

The problem with conspiracy theorists in general, is they approach it irrationally, and arse-backwards. They go looking for what they believe to be a problem with an element of a set of events, and then demand an explanation for that problem, otherwise they default win via confirmation bias, filter out the 10 million problems their 'solution' introduces to solve the 1, and then assert that therefore Unicorns farted the moon into existence, and that they have access to some grand 'truth'. All of which is completely irrational, and a non-sequitur.

Last edited:
Did someone say special moon water?

Water (H2O), and the chemically related hydroxyl group (-OH), can also exist in forms chemically bound as hydrates and hydroxides to lunar minerals (rather than as free water), and evidence strongly suggests that this is indeed the case in low concentrations over much of the Moon's surface.

The presence of large quantities of water on the Moon would be an important factor in rendering lunar habitation cost-effective, since transporting water (or hydrogen and oxygen) from Earth would be prohibitively expensive. If future investigations find the quantities to be particularly large, water ice could be mined to provide liquid water for drinking and plant propagation, and the water could also be split into hydrogen and oxygen by solar panel-equipped electric power stations or a nuclear generator, providing breathable oxygen as well as the components of rocket fuel.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_water

There seems to be conflicting views on whether we can travel through the Van Allen belt? Who do you believe?

The debris could theoretically have been dropped on the moon.

I believe the russians. Who, even as the ussr, acknowledged the moon landings happened. Because they did :lol:

They saved face by saying they never intended to land on the moon anyway.

Have a read of the direct evidence. Look at photos from the various space agencies. Do some reading man.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moon_landing_hoax#Direct_evidence

I think most conspiracy theorists have over imaginative minds. The twin towers was dodgy as fuck though.

Me Da is adamant it was a controlled explosion done by the US government. He reckons they knew all about it.

Not my view but he's passionate on it so I let him just think what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back