Colour photo of young Auschwitz inmate

Status
Not open for further replies.

:confused: why is it anymore heartbreaking because it's in colour?
It`s heartbreaking in both black and white and colour. I think the colour makes it more "real" as if it`s happened recently and maybe makes it more relatable. It`s like when I see colourised WWI footage it seems to change from being an old movie reel footage to something more contemporary. Like I said at the start, both are heartbreaking in their own, different ways.

Went in Feb and the corridor you walk down with all the images of who were there is terrifying. One side is women and kids and the other side is men. Truly heartbreaking, even more so when you see the ages and the jobs they all had.
I don't ever want to go anywhere near that awful place . German bastards .

It was the locks and platts of little kids hair that had been cut off, and on display behind glass. The piles of shoes, and suitcases with Jewish names on them,that had been packed, not knowing what their fate would be, that did it for me. I'm a grown man, and was in bits.
My father in law was a typical Sunlun old school tough guy, shipyard welder etc.. He got half way through a visit to Dachau and left in tears .

The Germans have a lot to answer for like
Plenty people on here are happy being ruled by them .

I've got a 93 year old Aunt who still spits fire at the mention of Germans
When I graduated to my first posh kraut car I went to me ma's to show it off . She wouldn't get in it .

Last edited:
It was the locks and platts of little kids hair that had been cut off, and on display behind glass. The piles of shoes, and suitcases with Jewish names on them,that had been packed, not knowing what their fate would be, that did it for me. I'm a grown man, and was in bits.
It was the piles of children's clothes and shoes that also did it for me. I shed a tear or two.

Heartbreaking stuff.

An artist coloured in a photo of an Auschwitz victim and it's heartbreaking - BBC Three

Czesława Kwoka was 14 years old when she was deported to Auschwitz.

The Polish teenager arrived at the concentration camp on 13 December 1942 where she was given a serial number, beaten by Nazi prison guards and photographed. Three months later she was killed. The only lasting trace of her brief existence is her black and white registration photo.
Having seen the place up close, I agree the more detail you see, the more you can connect with an event. Mankind's appetite for cruelty never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited:
It was the piles of children's clothes and shoes that also did it for me. I shed a tear or two.

Having seen the place up close, I agree the more detail you see, the more you can connect with an event. Mankind's appetite for cruelty never ceases to amaze me.

For me it was seeing the children`s toys. The things they went though when they should have been having a carefree upbringing. I still to this day cannot understand how previously intelligent, respectable people could actually believe what they were doing was right.

I don't ever want to go anywhere near that awful place . German bastards .

My father in law was a typical Sunlun old school tough guy, shipyard welder etc.. He got half way through a visit to Dachau and left in tears .

Plenty people on here are happy being ruled by them .

When I graduated to my first posh kraut car I went to me ma's to show it off . She wouldn't get in it .
Dachau was very powerful. I went there a few weeks prior to Auschwitz and it affected me quite badly. Makes you think. Amazing that you can visit both sites for free as well, hope they keep it that way.

Dachau was very powerful. I went there a few weeks prior to Auschwitz and it affected me quite badly. Makes you think. Amazing that you can visit both sites for free as well, hope they keep it that way.
We visited Dachau last year and agree it's profoundly moving. Even though you've seen the films , history docs, books etc there's nothing fully prepares you for going to the site of it.
The extremes the human race can descend to is truly frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back