Collecting 50p pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

I already know it's a sad as fuck pastime so no need to tell me but does anyone else do it ? I started about 4 weeks ago and it's became a bit of an obsession now. There's 54 different ones in circulation and at present I have 15 and I'm not stopping til I have all 54.

The rarest one is of kew gardens which can sell for up to £100 on ebay. It's class checking your change and finding a need amongst it.

Sorry to upset you but there's more than 54 matey, 59 in total as the daughter only needs 2, offside rule and kew gardens, got a lot of swaps too if you've a spare offside rule haha

One of my older colleagues used to collect the Olympic ones. I did put a handful of rarer ones aside (about £40 worth of coins - 50ps and £1s) that I left either at my mums or dad's hen I left England but have been back a few times and can't put my hands on them. :confused:

I’m not into this myself, but have no problem with folk who do. What I don’t understand is why either collectors of people who ‘find’ them to sell on, don’t simply get a few ten quid bags worth from the Post Office each week? Seems a simple way of increasing your chances.

I’m not into this myself, but have no problem with folk who do. What I don’t understand is why either collectors of people who ‘find’ them to sell on, don’t simply get a few ten quid bags worth from the Post Office each week? Seems a simple way of increasing your chances.
Or handle loads of cash all day like me

Got a picture of Hulk Hogan on the back?
It actually looks like the toilet bowl when you have the trots
2011 WWF 50p Coin - Mintage: 3,400,000 - Scarcity Index: 10

Swimming 50p from 2012 olympics was re-done after an error, where the waves hid the face i believe, so that one is worth a bit

You want to swap or sell one??

possibly, will check when im home from aberdeen through my collection, i know i definitely have two of them so will see what im after

got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, HAVEN'T! Swap uz! Aw haway man! Ginnan!

Ive been putting any 50p with a 'different' design to one side like. Got a canny few now.

Battle of Hastings
Beatrix Potter
Boy Scouts
Dictionary
Girl Guides
Minute Mile
Mr Jeremy Fisher
Mrs Tiggy Winkle
NHS 50th Anniversary
Olympic Swimming
Olympic Weightlifting
Peter Rabbit
Squirrel Nutkin
Team GB Swimming
Tom Kitten
WWF

And one with a different looking coat of arms - not sure what it is for.

Any of these worth more than 50p? :lol:

Swimming 50p from 2012 olympics was re-done after an error, where the waves hid the face i believe, so that one is worth a bit

I have 2 swimming ones.

One of them is from 2011. Its a 2012 one with someone swimming underwater
The other is from 2016 and is someone doing breaststroke with Team GB logo

Last edited:
Ive been putting any 50p with a 'different' design to one side like. Got a canny few now.

Battle of Hastings
Beatrix Potter
Boy Scouts
Dictionary
Girl Guides
Minute Mile
Mr Jeremy Fisher
Mrs Tiggy Winkle
NHS 50th Anniversary
Olympic Swimming
Olympic Weightlifting
Peter Rabbit
Squirrel Nutkin
Team GB Swimming
Tom Kitten
WWF

I have 2 swimming ones.

Found a picture of what the 'error' was on the print

Logon or register to see this image

Battle of Hastings
Beatrix Potter
Boy Scouts
Dictionary
Girl Guides
Minute Mile
Mr Jeremy Fisher
Mrs Tiggy Winkle
NHS 50th Anniversary
Olympic Swimming
Olympic Weightlifting
Peter Rabbit
Squirrel Nutkin
Team GB Swimming
Tom Kitten
WWF

I have 2 swimming ones.

The NHS 50th anniversary is probably worth a bomb. All the ones I have are the 70th anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back