Collecting 50p pieces

Think I need about 3 or 4 for the full collection of 50p’s, mainly the Olympic ones. Got loads of £1 and £2 coins anarl.

Fuck you. Not enough purchase for lashings of cream, if there's slippy jam underneath ffs :lol:

Cream on one jam on the other and sandwich

Or

Jam first obviously it isn't more slippy than cream is it you spenk

I like the idea of this 50p game. In the pub the other night a hipster wanted to swap a 10p for the quiz machine. In my change he saw a Peter Rabbit 50p and got all excited.
Problem is I can go all week and not use cash at all.

Do you collectors use cash more than you otherwise would to collect more coins?

I already know it's a sad as fuck pastime so no need to tell me but does anyone else do it ? I started about 4 weeks ago and it's became a bit of an obsession now. There's 54 different ones in circulation and at present I have 15 and I'm not stopping til I have all 54.

The rarest one is of kew gardens which can sell for up to £100 on ebay. It's class checking your change and finding a need amongst it.
It's hardly sad ,I'd call it not spending 50p, they come to you .
I've never went looking for any
Got about 25 ,mostly Olympic ones ,no Kew but full set of Beatrice potter
Same with £2 ,got about 30 ,nice little way to save
Lot of people doing it now so less about

:lol: I recently noticed one of the Peter Rabbit ones in my change - sadly not the rarest one but worth about a tenner.
Take no notice of valuation or eBay buy it nows
PR is common

I've got quite a few but most of them are just worth 50p. I have cheated a bit as I worked in a shop and all the girls looked out for the Peter Rabbit ones for me so I've got the 5 from the first lot of those. Worth nothing more I just like the coins. When they first came out they were worth about £30 each, but there's too many in circulation now.

One of the girls in my new job collects the rare £2 so I happened to mention the 50ps so they're now all looking out for the next lot of Peter Rabbits for me.

Think if you've got the whole collection of Olympic ones they are worth something but individual ones not really apart from the Kew gardens one

My bairns mar had one last year. She rang me like she'd won the lottery "eee I've got a Peter Rabbit 50p". After a quick google I found out that she had the one that every fucker has and it's worth exactly... 50p. :lol:

Keep an eye out for any Olympic ones or the Dictionary one. This fucker is worth 2 grand. The Kew ones are going for daft money on ebay
Logon or register to see this image
Logon or register to see this image
I've 3 of those they really aren't worth 2 grand :lol::lol: the only one of any real value is Kew gardens and that's around £100

I thought there was only a few of the Kew ones worth extra as they had some kind of design flaw on them? Can’t remember the specifics now.
No ,just low numbers made
There's a guy fawkes £2 with a misprint on the outer edge Pemember Pemember the 5th of November
Got that one

I collected a fair few when I worked in he pubs.

I’ve got all of the Olympic ones and loads of others, including the Kew Gardens one which is the only one of any notable value. Some of the rarer Olympic coins are worth a few quid but the vast majority aren’t worth much more than their fave value.

Now I know there’s a bit banter on this thread but shit needs to get real here.

The fuck you store 50p’s in your loft for? Complete wrongun
Only got the 2 of them in presentation boxes and would gladly pass on to anybody who needed them
For a collection. and whats it got to do with you
Where i stash the family silver you helmet of epic proportions:lol::lol:

Last edited:
Only got the 2 of them in presentation boxes and would gladly pass on to anybody who needed them
For a collection. and whats it got to do with you
Where i stash the family silver you helmet of epic proportions:lol::lol:
You posted on a forum you helmet. I have questioned your brain cells and by this reply, I realise this was right.

Back