Collecting 50p pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mine is definitely 50 years like. The coin is from 1998
1998 Fifty Anniversary Nhs 50p Coin (Circulated) | eBay

What puzzles me is that after fees you make pennies! It's 16p in ebay fees, 26p for Paypal and then 58p for a 2nd class stamp so that leaves 16p profit from the £1.65 sale! They must be sending them via work and fiddling the postage cost or reusing stamps. For 16p profit it's not worth the hassle at all. It only takes 1 person to say they haven't received it (won't be tracked at all) so it will cost the seller 70p (50p coin and 20p non refundable Paypal fee) which would wipe out the profit of other sales.

Those saying they are worth face value need to look at this (any many other ebay listings). You can see The Isle of Man and Jersey coins are worth a few 'bob' :lol:

eBay UK Item Purchase History

The full set of the 29 Olympic coins can fetch £50 or more so not bad for £14.50 face value and surely they can only go up in value

full set olympic 50p | eBay

possibly, will check when im home from aberdeen through my collection, i know i definitely have two of them so will see what im after
OK cheers bud

got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, HAVEN'T! Swap uz! Aw haway man! Ginnan!

No way it's a shiny, want at least 5 for it.

Last edited:
I've just found another stash of coins so I'd dare say I've got a full set of 50 pence pieces in this lot alone :lol:

I've never checked them since I started collecting the 50p, £1 and £2 coins that looked different way back in the 90s simply as a saving method. Though I do recall some I have are from Jersey or Isle of Man also so the 50p collection can actually be bigger.

Logon or register to see this image

Also got a canny few £2 coins in this tub

Logon or register to see this image

Along with the £1 coins, at a guess I've probably got about £500 saved in face value if not a lot more but whatever it is, it's summit I hadn't really considered. Though the £1 isn't legal tender, it does look they're still worth more than face value looking here eBay UK Item Purchase History

It's all going up for sale though as I've no interest in actually having a 'collection' so does anyone wanna buy it for a 100% on top of face value fee? Might be a few valuables in there worth a lot more than double their value and you could possibly make sets if you also have some ;) This £1 was sitting on the top and it's actually a Guernsey £1 and sells for £5ish on ebay as do other non mainland UK coins.
offers considered haha
£1 guernsey coin finance | eBay

I already know it's a sad as fuck pastime so no need to tell me but does anyone else do it ? I started about 4 weeks ago and it's became a bit of an obsession now. There's 54 different ones in circulation and at present I have 15 and I'm not stopping til I have all 54.

The rarest one is of kew gardens which can sell for up to £100 on ebay. It's class checking your change and finding a need amongst it.
Rather save up 200 hundred of them and spend it on blow.

I already know it's a sad as fuck pastime so no need to tell me but does anyone else do it ? I started about 4 weeks ago and it's became a bit of an obsession now. There's 54 different ones in circulation and at present I have 15 and I'm not stopping til I have all 54.

The rarest one is of kew gardens which can sell for up to £100 on ebay. It's class checking your change and finding a need amongst it.

Change is coming brother....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back