Collecting 50p pieces

Imagine still carrying coin around when everywhere has card machines. I’ve not used a note since 2012.
Last two take aways I was in said Cash only
Also pub I gigged at last weekend ,full of people before you say it won't last long
Away from your cool bubble money is alive and kicking

My bairns mar had one last year. She rang me like she'd won the lottery "eee I've got a Peter Rabbit 50p". After a quick google I found out that she had the one that every fucker has and it's worth exactly... 50p. :lol:

Keep an eye out for any Olympic ones or the Dictionary one. This fucker is worth 2 grand. The Kew ones are going for daft money on ebay
Logon or register to see this image
Logon or register to see this image
:lol: is it fuck worth 2 grand. Common as muck

I already know it's a sad as fuck pastime so no need to tell me but does anyone else do it ? I started about 4 weeks ago and it's became a bit of an obsession now. There's 54 different ones in circulation and at present I have 15 and I'm not stopping til I have all 54.

The rarest one is of kew gardens which can sell for up to £100 on ebay. It's class checking your change and finding a need amongst it.
Do it with £2 coins too. If you can find the commonwealth ones you’ll get a bit for them. The NI ones go for like £25.
If you find a wales one I’ll be interested in buying it. I’ve been doing it for years but I refuse to buy them off eBay :lol: that’s the one I can’t find

Do it with £2 coins too. If you can find the commonwealth ones you’ll get a bit for them. The NI ones go for like £25.
If you find a wales one I’ll be interested in buying it. I’ve been doing it for years but I refuse to buy them off eBay :lol: that’s the one I can’t find
I might have one ;) but I'm not selling just one coin as it would take me ages to sell all the ones I've got of the 50p, £1 and £2 variations. I think I started hoying the 'different' looking coins in a jar in the 90's. I don't know why I did it but I've now built up quite a collection and got £100s even at face value.

I honestly don't know why I still do it as it originally started as a simple saving scheme. I've got no interest in it at all now so I'm just gonna sell the lot in one go. Does anyone fancy cheating and buying it? Just buy it all and grab what you want and then sell the rest one ;) I won't be selling at cost of course as I'm sure I've got a few 50p Kew gardens in there along with other coins worth more than face value. I may just sort them out one day and buy some of those plastic wallets so I can just see what I've got and sell the ones that are worth selling.

I often wonder if sites like this are just shite or not as some are worth a lot more than face value

Check your change for Rare 2 Pound Coins, what's it worth? Use our value checker list for every £2 coin in circulation.

Back