Coleman out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has managed them since 2016. What makes you sure he will a) come to us and b) be able to do anything with us?
a) the same reason Grayson left Preston to come to us and the same reason Coleman left Wales to come to us
b) He's got Shrewsbury punching above their weight in league one. He seems a capable league one manager. Obviously there's no guarantees he'd repeat that form here, but there isn't with any manager.

a) the same reason Grayson left Preston to come to us and the same reason Coleman left Wales to come to us
b) He's got Shrewsbury punching above their weight in league one. He seems a capable league one manager. Obviously there's no guarantees he'd repeat that form here, but there isn't with any manager.

Quite. And continuity is the thing we’ve lacked most of over the last few years. So I’m going to stay with that for now.

Like most, I agree that we definitely do need stability and ideally a manager here for at least a few years - something we have not had for a number of years and a big part of the mess that we are in when you consider the payoffs and starting all over again. I just think there is nothing to suggest that Coleman is the man to build our future on and take us forward next season. He has no stock whatsoever as a club manager and I'd much rather try and prise someone away from the lower leagues, like Hurst at Shrewsbury, Jones at Luton etc. As they will both be at least in the same league as us next season (Shrews could still be one higher), there's no guarantee they would come here, but we did say the same at the time with Coleman as well, so they might and I'd much rather have someone with lower league experience and a good club record to take us forward.

There's been nothing at all that I have been impressed with from CC. He's not had the easiest of jobs granted, but he's made a massive pigs ear of it and ultimately failed in his main task when appointed more than 5 months ago.
Disagree Marra. Coleman has had nothing to work with. I've listed previously all the 'problems '

qe can change managers every month but unless there's a change at the very top then it will be little more than a bandaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back