Coleman out

If we can't find anyone better we may as well give up, fold the club and not bother with football any more.

I think some people don't appreciate how bad he's been. We've just been relegated by Burton f***ing Albion and are odds on to finish rock bottom.
It's hard to imagine that Grayson could have done worse if he hadn't been sacked. The performances from the team just before Grayson went were better than what I witnessed yesterday.

Same again from me.

How he is being defended is beyond me.

Was dealt a shit hand but hasn’t improved us at all IMO. ( arguably worse )

It’s a no from me.

Totally agree. His lack of any tactical nous when trying to defend a 1 goal lead is there for all to see. Ultra defensive yet again yesterday once we went in front (at home to Burton Albion remember) and this lack of awareness has cost us 9 points in the last 4 games alone which would have kept us up comfortably.

But it's a results based business and he has failed, end of. Had we have taken 12 or 13 points from those 6 games, I doubt there'd be as many 'Coleman out' or equivalent threads surfacing on here, but as it is, we may well have nearly beat Reading, nearly beat Burton etc. but we didn't and have sunk to the lowest level that many on here will have known.

Do we really want him to be the man tasked with trying to put in improving performances against the likes of Fleetwood and Southend next season?

If we can't find anyone better we may as well give up, fold the club and not bother with football any more.

I think some people don't appreciate how bad he's been. We've just been relegated by Burton f***ing Albion and are odds on to finish rock bottom.

That’s somewhat dramatic. We’ve been relegated by a dreadful season that’s the culmination of several years not of Chris Coleman’s making. Not Burton Albion.

I’m just about in the keep Coleman camp because someone needs to given time to sort us out and who else would we get.

As others have said I wouldn’t shed a tear if he were to leave either mind.

His stats whilst at the club are hardly a ringing endorsement.

P28 W5 D8 L15
That's just about where I sit on this one mate.

Who with one ounce of a brain cell would up sticks, come here and manage us in the current state the Club is in?

We aren’t even close to arguably worse by the way 1 win in 18 vs 5 wins in 26 you do the maths there.
Your entitled to your opinion mate but I just don’t get fans like you who constantly call for managers heads after half a season. If you can name we one successful club who have had as many managers as we have in the last 10 years by all means do.
Watford

Last edited:
That’s somewhat dramatic. We’ve been relegated by a dreadful season that’s the culmination of several years not of Chris Coleman’s making. Not Burton Albion.
You said we might not get anyone better, which suggests Coleman has some positives when it comes to management. If you'd said we might get someone just as bad , I would agree it's possible, but for the sake of the club we need to try and hope we end up with someone better, or we'll struggle next season as well.

I honestly don’t think there was any difference between him and Grayson. I’d be content with him staying but if there’s new ownership I hope they can invest in a risk appointment and bring on Kevin Phillips

You said we might not get anyone better, which suggests Coleman has some positives when it comes to management. If you'd said we might get someone just as bad , I would agree it's possible, but for the sake of the club we need to try and hope we end up with someone better, or we'll struggle next season as well.

Your conclusion that we’ll struggle next season with CC managing doesn’t follow from anything you’ve just said.

I believe continuity and planning might well be key. You might not accept that, but if you do then you may well agree that sticking with him is better than an unknown alternative who doesn’t have the benefit of knowing the players at his disposal and planning for next season.

I'm sure there'll be decent league one managers who'd jump at the chance.

Like who?

Bearing in mind that we have failed to appoint a manager who is an improvement on the previous incumbent for about the last six appointments(excluding BSA) I fail to see where your confidence comes from

Bearing in mind that we have failed to appoint a manager who is an improvement on the previous incumbent for about the last six appointments(excluding BSA) I fail to see where your confidence comes from
I'm not confident we will. With Bain picking the manager there's a good chance he'll pick another dud, we just need to cross our fingers and hope he gets it right.

We aren’t even close to arguably worse by the way 1 win in 18 vs 5 wins in 26 you do the maths there.
Your entitled to your opinion mate but I just don’t get fans like you who constantly call for managers heads after half a season. If you can name we one successful club who have had as many managers as we have in the last 10 years by all means do.

Coleman's last 16 games are 1W 6D 9L whereas Grayson was sacked for 1W D7 L7. The other sides that occupied the bottom 6 in mid November - Burton, Bolton, Birmingham, Reading and Hull have ALL picked up more points than Coleman since the day he took over, hence why we are now more points off 21st now than we were when he came in, and ultimately, why we have been relegated in mid April.

Coleman's last 16 games are 1W 6D 9L whereas Grayson was sacked for 1W D7 L7. The other sides that occupied the bottom 6 in mid November - Burton, Bolton, Birmingham, Reading and Hull have ALL picked up more points than Coleman since the day he took over, hence why we are now more points off 21st now than we were when he came in, and ultimately, why we have been relegated in mid April.

Stats like that don't lie

Back