Coffee shops in Sunderland

Been off work a few days recently so tried a canny few of them. Nicest coffee was grindr or the front parlour but liked sonny's cafe next to pop recs. Ate at the seaglass and was decent. Tried paticake but was annoyed at the desultory response from the owner when i asked if they had anything gluten free (I am a coeliac). Not that many decent ones open really. Nothing much around the winter Gardens, holmeside way. Is cafe 57 on high Street West?

That was their strawberry cheesecake. 😋
The photo really doesn't do justice to the size of the slice of cake they serve - I have a very good appetite, and I struggled to finish that slice of cake.

I've tried their Bounty cheesecake, and their banana cheesecake, and both were delicious and very filling.

Their coffee is also very good.
I like a strong cup of coffee, so I get the Flat White, which is excellent.

Ariel and his wife Patrycja, are Polish, and are very welcoming hosts.
Ariel speaks very good English and promotes the cafe and it's wares, daily, on Facebook.

I do love their Russian cake, the hot food is superb too, the Bigos is proper hearty stuff.

Been off work a few days recently so tried a canny few of them. Nicest coffee was grindr or the front parlour but liked sonny's cafe next to pop recs. Ate at the seaglass and was decent. Tried paticake but was annoyed at the desultory response from the owner when i asked if they had anything gluten free (I am a coeliac). Not that many decent ones open really. Nothing much around the winter Gardens, holmeside way. Is cafe 57 on high Street West?

Yea it's opposite Primark close to the Holiday Inn.

Front Parlour have closed they’re moving to a bigger place opposite the Museum and calling it Floriana

Coles is the best coffee in Sunderland for me. Pop Recs and Waterstones are decent as well.
Coles get their coffee from a company in east London who have a coffee shop on broadway market, it’s very good, nice part of London and along from the Albion pub which used to show all our games

Popped into Cafe Floriana this morning just after opening. Was rammed by the time we left. The coffee’s cracking (Pumphrey’s IIRC) and had the Harissa beans on toast.

Best of luck to them.

Popped into Cafe Floriana this morning just after opening. Was rammed by the time we left. The coffee’s cracking (Pumphrey’s IIRC) and had the Harissa beans on toast.

Best of luck to them.
Walked past today on the way to the match and there was a good few in. Great to see

Best of luck to them.
Went in yesterday for coffee and food. Enjoyed it and would visit again. Dog friendly too so I’ll take the hound next time.

Back