Coffee shops in Sunderland

That’s a shame I do like their coffee, I’m not surprised though the building never seems to have anyone in.
It is away from the main shopping areas in Sunderland now.
Also I dont think it helps that currently there are too many Coffee shops in the City Centre, Once other developments have been completed that bring people in to the city centre, I would be willing to rethink that belief

A mate mentioned it recently and i didnt have a clue. I went to hot rats a few days later and realised ive walked past it a good handful of times.

Can you see the signage in this photo?

https://www.msn.com › en-gb › money › other › grinder-central-coffee-shop-announces-closure...

Grinder Central coffee shop announces closure - but it's business as ...​

It's still very much business as usual at the original Grinder Coffee Co. Sunderland coffee brand, Grinder, has announced it's closing its city centre branch two years after opening. Grinder ...

Not in Sunderland obviously, but I was passing through Helmsley yesterday on my way back from a weekend away.

The Italian in the square was open doing breakfast, but also had a deal on of £4 for a coffee and a pastry.

Both had an oat milk cappuccino, pain au chocolate for me and Almond croissant for her. All was very good.

Thought it was a brilliant idea, would probably work well for one of the italians in the town once the work in the city centre is further on and the daily footfall is up.

Utterly perplexed by how this is so popular. Expensive rubbish. But kids seem to love it. My pocket doesn't. Not cheap.

Good luck to them.

It is pretty odd to me started in Taiwan where it was a cheap drink sold by street vendors (maybe a quid top price) and it seems to have grown beyond all recognition and become sought after expensive stuff in the Western world

Not in Sunderland obviously, but I was passing through Helmsley yesterday on my way back from a weekend away.

The Italian in the square was open doing breakfast, but also had a deal on of £4 for a coffee and a pastry.

Both had an oat milk cappuccino, pain au chocolate for me and Almond croissant for her. All was very good.

Thought it was a brilliant idea, would probably work well for one of the italians in the town once the work in the city centre is further on and the daily footfall is up.
There’s one in Leicester that do all the breakfast pastries (Nutella croissant is always spot on) but also sell focaccia sandwiches, Supplì, and Rome style pizzas during the day. I always think something like that could do well as it’s different to the fry up or Greggs options.

I’ve just tried Coffee 57 this morning before my walk down the river. Really nice coffee and lovely friendly place.

It's a great place and a pleasure to go in there.

Robbie one of the owners is always hospitable I love the craic about football and his knowledge and passion about Sunderland particularly our positive city centre developments.

It's doing really well really pleased for them as it's their first venture into this type of business.

Ran by a mag though.

The plough on the river is better
Wasn’t impressed with the plough, the coffee tasted burnt. Probably just caught it at a bad time, lovely location though. Had a breakfast and a lovely coffee in the old school house.

Joint owner Patrycja, who makes all the cakes herself, said: “I’ve been doing the cake business for three years and it’s proved popular. A lot of customers have said I should open a shop, so opening the patisserie was the next step.
She does a great job too. 👏👏👏
Her homemade cheesecakes are fantastic, with loads of different flavour options, and the portions are a helluva size. 😋

IMG_20240302_085557.jpg

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
That looks amazing like.
That was their strawberry cheesecake. 😋
The photo really doesn't do justice to the size of the slice of cake they serve - I have a very good appetite, and I struggled to finish that slice of cake.

I've tried their Bounty cheesecake, and their banana cheesecake, and both were delicious and very filling.

Their coffee is also very good.
I like a strong cup of coffee, so I get the Flat White, which is excellent.

Ariel and his wife Patrycja, are Polish, and are very welcoming hosts.
Ariel speaks very good English and promotes the cafe and it's wares, daily, on Facebook.

That was their strawberry cheesecake. 😋
The photo really doesn't do justice to the size of the slice of cake they serve - I have a very good appetite, and I struggled to finish that slice of cake.

I've tried their Bounty cheesecake, and their banana cheesecake, and both were delicious and very filling.

Their coffee is also very good.
I like a strong cup of coffee, so I get the Flat White, which is excellent.

Ariel and his wife Patrycja, are Polish, and are very welcoming hosts.
Ariel speaks very good English and promotes the cafe and it's wares, daily, on Facebook.

Its always a pleasure to be in the place as you rightly said Ariel and Patrycja are friendly and welcoming as are the rest of the staff.

Coffee always quality and the best selection of cakes I've ever seen.

Anyone on here who likes a quality chill out with fantastic cakes and drinks and you haven't been to Paticake you really need too.

Back