Coffee machines...

... Looking to get a new coffee machine for about 250/300 quid. Any recommendations? Preferably a manual espresso for doing lattes and the like. But I'll not rule out a bean to cup as long as it isn't too expensive.

Any ideas? And no daft ones for about a grand either please, ta.
£300 for a coffee machine, they are paying metro drivers too much these days. Get a spoon.

Dude, you don’t like coffee. That’s fair enough. But surely you get that some people DO like coffee? It doesn’t make you right and us wrong, or vice versa. Such is life’s rich tapestry.
Some people like a well done steak. Some like peppercorn sauce. Some like pineapple on a pizza. It's not the end of the world. :lol:

The Kenco Americano Smooth pods are spot on man, no f***ing about, pod in, and then straight in bin, no messing!!
A lad we both know (JH) won't let you put them in the bin until it's been tied up in a separate plastic bag. :lol:

Last edited:
Some people like a well done steak. Some like peppercorn sauce. Some like pineapple on a pizza. It's not the end of the world. :lol:

A lad we both know (JH) won't let you put them in the bin until it's been tied up in a separate plastic bag. :lol:
I’ve often wondered about which bin to joy them in mind, do you recycle or do you bin?

I just leave them on the side and let our lass decide.

... Looking to get a new coffee machine for about 250/300 quid. Any recommendations? Preferably a manual espresso for doing lattes and the like. But I'll not rule out a bean to cup as long as it isn't too expensive.

Any ideas? And no daft ones for about a grand either please, ta.
How much? You couldn’t tell the difference between a one from a grand machine and a 10p one at work man ;)

* Mr Murdy is the man to talk to about these things

Last edited:
How much? You couldn’t tell the difference between a one from a grand machine and a 10p one at work man ;)

* Mr Murdy is the man to talk to about these things

I'd rather drink my own piss than get one from the machines at graft. Rancid.

Anyway, you'll be starting up your own Starbucks franchise with the money you'll be getting once you LEAVE US YOU TOTAL BASTARD.

£300 for coffee machines, you f***ing lot are daft ain’t ya!

I’ve got a nice little compact Tassimo thing, for about £30, and each pod of Americano comes in around 21p. Gets some hammer now that I’m working from home, been a good buy.
Indeed.

I got a nespresso machine for 35 quid from Aldi.

Got a bog standard De Longhi espresso machine I paid about £70 for in a sale a few years ago and a separate grinder that cost about £20ish also in a sale (it’s a burr grinder, much better than blade). I don’t drink latte or owt fancy, just strong coffee with a small dash of milk and my combo does the job brilliantly. I’d consider a bean to cup in future but more than happy with what I have at less than half the cost of a bean to cup. Tassimo, Dolce Gusto etc are ok but if you’re going down the pod route get a Nespresso. Parents have one and it makes the best pod coffee I’ve had. But my machine is still better, and much more economical than buying pods.

RIP my espresso machine.

Cheltenham winnings spent on a bean to cup which should arrive tomorrow.

Just keep your eye out in Lidl or online for their Espresso Silvercrest machine. It won't be as good as the expensive bean to cup machines no doubt (you need to use ground coffee) but I love mine.

It was £60 and you don't need to buy expensive pods that you can't recycle.

Just keep your eye out in Lidl or online for their Espresso Silvercrest machine. It won't be as good as the expensive bean to cup machines no doubt (you need to use ground coffee) but I love mine.

It was £60 and you don't need to buy expensive pods that you can't recycle.
My first DeLonghi espresso maker was £50, and tbh, makes a better cup than my btc machine. But its less easy.

(And some of those pods can be recycled these days, thankfully)

Back