Coffee machines...

If you are in the NorthWest the Monsoon Malabar from Booths is excellent.

You got me investigating again and I've found this.

meCoffee

It's hidden inside the Silvia and controlled from your phone.

Might just treat myself as a wee Easter Egg.

@oROSSo and @RTGAdmin

I Ordered one but wish I hadn't. Took 5 weeks to arrive no the 3 days promised.

Bloody thing doesn't work and seller now blanking me on messages and email.

Going via chargeback route with mastercard.

Having done a bit more research it seems this is quite a common story for this PID producer.

I've decided to do a complete refurb of Silvia whilst it was in bits. Chassis had a bit of rust showing so I've dropped it off to be stripped and powder coated.

Also found an alternative PID which looks the dogs bollox but is a bit spendy. EspressI/O - PID Espresso Controller for the Rancilio Silvia

Got my geeky juices flowing so have ordered an Arduino and some solid state relays to build up my own PID control system.

Wish I'd never dropped into this thread. :)

Forgot about this thread. I went for this in the end. Ignore the price in the link, I paid much less

DE'LONGHI - ECAM 23.460.S | Automatic Coffee Machine

Is it good then?

It's tremendous. Bean to cup is more of a step up in quality than I expected. Has a separate hopper to put pre ground in which is useful for the odd decaf and also if I go to Pumphreys and get a couple of small bags of stuff to try.

Lots of options for size and strength and the milk frother does a cracking job. One minor complaint is that the milk isn't hot enough for the missus when she has a latte but she likes weak coffee so I just add hot water.

All in all more than happy.

Last edited:
Update on my PID disaster. I finally managed to get some time in the lab at work and got some decent magnification on the PID circuit board.

Found a few bits of crap soldering that I've now sorted. Device now powers up OK and talks to my phone. Going to try and install it this weekend.

May even cancel the chargeback if I can get it to work properly.

Back