Club Shop and Merchandising.

clubs a joke, the shop, website, merch and commercial operations are dogshit mate, wonder we can compete at all in the modern game ffs. methven was an absolute cockend but he knew his shop, website, merch and commercial operations onions the prick
Did he? We're stuck in a deal with Justsport that was struck when he was at the club are we not?

I am mate, know a few of the new hires and know a few folks in the companies starting to deal with them. It’ll take a little time mind you
I can see planning for external locations taking a fair chunk of time, but in the short term I was disappointed to see they didn’t end the deal with Just Sport. I would be amazed if there were no grounds to do so based on how poor the delivery of stock Etc has been.

I can see planning for external locations taking a fair chunk of time, but in the short term I was disappointed to see they didn’t end the deal with Just Sport. I would be amazed if there were no grounds to do so based on how poor the delivery of stock Etc has been.
Unless of course the 2 magnificent negotiaters who used to own us didnt have a get out clause

Simple. Cost. Even for a pop up, you have short term rental, and, more expensively, shop fitting (including wiring up for EPOS (you can't just use an i Zettle and have any kind of stock control)).
I think the cost would be negligible if they chose the right spot, but that involves being creative. Find a small independently owned storefront in a good location where rent won’t be astronomical and the landlord is probably happy for a long term lease with a secure business. Identify the top selling twenty items and just sell those as well as kit. It doesn’t have to be a corporate megastore. If they’ve got something running to track inventory at the stadium, you can probably just tack an additional location on to that.

I think it’s more that they don’t see enough of a potential for profit in it, than what it would cost to run, that means they haven’t put any effort in.

Last edited:
It’s being addressed lads and lasses. Give it a little time
How much time would you give? It got to the stage of legal action before I got a response.

When you can't leave a message because the answerphone memory (in all departments) is full have a serious problem.

Give it a little time? I heard that quote on the two occasions I did speak to someone. You don't work in hospitality do you?

Last edited:
How much time would you give? It got to the stage of legal action before I got a response.

When you can't leave a message because the answerphone memory (in all departments) is full have a serious problem.

Give it a little time? I heard that quote on the two occasions I did speak to someone. You don't work in hospitality do you?

No.

I said it was being addressed and it is. I don’t work for them and not giving you advice man. You do what you want

Can they not organise some sort of pop up shop in the city centre during the summer? (that's if they actually had plenty half decent stock to sell) in Keel Square or somewhere?Maybe move it around different locations around the city

Can they not organise some sort of pop up shop in the city centre during the summer? (that's if they actually had plenty half decent stock to sell) in Keel Square or somewhere?Maybe move it around different locations around the city
Seems like if something will cost a penny they aren't willing to do it. Even if it'll potentially bring big rewards financially and bring a presence to the city centre.

Seems like if something will cost a penny they aren't willing to do it. Even if it'll potentially bring big rewards financially and bring a presence to the city centre.
Just think it would be a good way of engaging with the locals as well as peddling some stuff, could have music and games, face painting for the bairns too, partner up with a place selling bait out of a mobile trailer, it doesn't take much, would be great when the sun is shining, get the kids out

Back