Claudia Lawrence

I know that man, I hope they kept that tab butt found in the car and they get a dna match one day (I also would have hoped they'd done a thorough luminol search for blood at her home and by rights torn that place apart looking for any traces of her etc).
I was just checking Nancy Drew ;)

A sad and puzzling case, in true SMB style I had the dad down for it initially. Now I am sure he had nothing to do with it. The problem with police investigations (especially back then) is, as others have said, a possibility of influential people involved, coppers who are inept/shit or just plain laziness. Unfortunately too much time has probably passed now for this one to ever be solved.

It seems they're now trying to link her disappearance to Christopher Halliwell :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...father-senior-detective-says-responsible.html
Interesting theory, the man is evil and his parents apparently lived a short distance away from her in York (so he knew the area). If I were the cops, I'd be dragging sonar equipment over both of the fields his 2 known victims were found in !

Jesus. It must be torture for her family and friends. There must be bodies buried all over the country.

Various people seem to be playing down the link, or at least saying there's no evidence for it

Various people seem to be playing down the link, or at least saying there's no evidence for it
I know, but I would certainly take a look, I think she was taken the night before she was apparently sighted in the early hours of the next morning........................who's to say she didn't get into a bogus cab, possibly driven by a homicidal maniac like him ? Sadly the inner city CCTV won't exist from that time, it'll have been long since wiped :(.

I know, but I would certainly take a look, I think she was taken the night before she was apparently sighted in the early hours of the next morning........................who's to say she didn't get into a bogus cab, possibly driven by a homicidal maniac like him ? Sadly the inner city CCTV won't exist from that time, it'll have been long since wiped :(.
Probably. Perhaps they can put him somewhere else at the time. Reading between the lines they don't seem too interested

Probably. Perhaps they can put him somewhere else at the time. Reading between the lines they don't seem too interested
It's crazy, the man is a serial killer and there will be more victims out there - who's to say she wasn't one of them ? the coppers probably don't fancy the extra work tbh :confused:. Saying that mind, they (the Police) did a very extensive investigation into Peter Tobin after he was done for murdering Angelika Kluk (sic) in Scotland, had it not been for that additional investigation into his past homes and whereabouts the bodies of Vicky Hamilton and Dinah McNicol would never have been found in Margate !

It comes after the mother of one of Halliwell's victims pointed out that Claudia disappeared on the same day as Halliwell killed Sian O'Callaghan.

Highly accurate reporting from the Mail

The days were 2 years apart :lol:

Back