Class move by club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine your job rested on the team staying up and the club-

sell their second top scorer

Dont bring in a striker

Bring in injury prone/past it rejects

Trouser half the money raised from sales

f***ing liberty taking of the highest order and people are siding with it!!

Shows just how much the club have lowered standards and just how sad people are to accept it/try to justify it because its "their" club:oops:

Haven't you all realised what this is really about?
It's trimming down the club to make it more attractive to buyers. I think he's going to sell.
It's standard with any business looking to sell and get the best price.
That's exactly what's happening. Everything is being stripped back to show that the club is a viable business. I feel very sorry for those affected but I'm not surprised. When they've cut the events side of things for example and made the womens football team part-time, it was obvious that some positions were going to be made obsolete.

It's just a shame that the playing side of the club seems completely ring fenced from all this.

Can we make some of the players redundant? Surely it'll save more money.
Not without paying their contracts off in full sadly.

Last edited:
Imagine your job rested on the team staying up and the club-

sell their second top scorer

Dont bring in a striker

Bring in injury prone/past it rejects

Trouser half the money raised from sales

f***ing liberty taking of the highest order and people are siding with it!!

Shows just how much the club have lowered standards and just how sad people are to accept it/try to justify it because its "their" club:oops:
:lol:

Our fans are far too placid to do anything about it. Any other club and there'd be huge protests. Not in Sunderland though. :rolleyes:

Mind as long as we're perceived to be 'classy' everything's alright. Fans need to grow a f***ing backbone, it's the fans that allow the club to effectively do what they want without any sort of resistance. It's embarrassing.

Anyone else think that the recent warnings of redundancies was a topper move try the club to give extra incentive to the players for stopping up? After all we haven't sacked anyone yet.

Or am I a naive happy clapper who tries to see the club in the best light.
Could mean a signal to FIFA with the Ricky case looming take it easy on us jobs are at stake ....

Our fans are far too placid to do anything about it. Any other club and there'd be huge protests. Not in Sunderland though. :rolleyes:

Mind as long as we're perceived to be 'classy' everything's alright. Fans need to grow a f***ing backbone, it's the fans that allow the club to effectively do what they want without any sort of resistance. It's embarrassing.

Classy :lol:

It's just practical realities I suspect.

You might be correct mate. But with the timing. I'm hoping it was the reason I stated.

People being made redundant and others having to reapply for their jobs.

Playing with people's lives. Aye class.

Have they actually been terminated. I was under the assumption that it was a threat.

The OP thinking there is a hidden conspiracy involved? I definitely didn't see that one coming.

I don't this one is that far fetched though.

Last edited:

So what's your plan.

If the club were making normal, hard working people with mortgages to pay and families to feed have to wake up every morning wondering if they'd soon be signing on and struggling to feed their kids, just as an incentive to make a bunch of arseholes who make tens of thousands of pounds a week actually put a shift in, then I think it would be the absolute opposite of class.

Thankfully I'm sure it's far from the case. They just know they want to restructure at the end of the season and may need to lose more staff if we're relegated so they've started the 90 day consultation period about 90 days before the end of the season. Absolutely nothing to see conspiracy wise

Which is fair enough mate. Unfortunately we are in a time where many sectors are also restructuring by offering redundancies. We all live a bit of uncertainty atm working for SAFC shouldn't be any different. I hadn't realised that actual jobs had been lost. I thought it was just a threat for later.

Playing with peoples lives is a top move? Less happy clapper more cunt

Bit harsh. Lol

Like they give a flying fuck.

I want to hope that someone does. If not we might as all pack it in.

Do you really think any of our £50k a week clowns give two tosses about a tea lady on national minimum wage?

I dunno mate. I hope a couple of them do (defoe cats etc. Hearing about all this team bonding and what not. I hope the also realised what a privileged position they are in and don't waste the opportunity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back