Class move by club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the club were making normal, hard working people with mortgages to pay and families to feed have to wake up every morning wondering if they'd soon be signing on and struggling to feed their kids, just as an incentive to make a bunch of arseholes who make tens of thousands of pounds a week actually put a shift in, then I think it would be the absolute opposite of class.

Thankfully I'm sure it's far from the case. They just know they want to restructure at the end of the season and may need to lose more staff if we're relegated so they've started the 90 day consultation period about 90 days before the end of the season. Absolutely nothing to see conspiracy wise
Unrealistic I suppose but the players would probably only have to donate a weeks wages each to more than cover the wages of those at risk of redundancy. That would be a class move. I earn less in two years than a lot of them get a week but when faced with some of my colleagues losing there jobs I reduced my hours to help save a post. Too much to expect of well paid privileged footballers?

Can we make some of the players redundant? Surely it'll save more money.
Difficult to prove their job is no longer required no matter how shite they are!

Anyone else think that the recent warnings of redundancies was a topper move try the club to give extra incentive to the players for stopping up? After all we haven't sacked anyone yet.

Or am I a naive happy clapper who tries to see the club in the best light.
Are you for real?

Stupidest comment I've seen on here yet.

Talk about gormless.

Haven't you all realised what this is really about?
It's trimming down the club to make it more attractive to buyers. I think he's going to sell.
It's standard with any business looking to sell and get the best price.
Tend to agree, cutting overhead is standard practice during acquisitions, mergers or liquidation.
With at least 10 more players out of contract and the major player assets being sold in the summer, its definitely a case of downsizing. Personally I still think Short intends to asset strip and liquidate the club

Tend to agree, cutting overhead is standard practice during acquisitions, mergers or liquidation.
With at least 10 more players out of contract and the major player assets being sold in the summer, its definitely a case of downsizing. Personally I still think Short intends to asset strip and liquidate the club
:lol:

Anyone else think that the recent warnings of redundancies was a topper move try the club to give extra incentive to the players for stopping up? After all we haven't sacked anyone yet.

To think each player could give up a weeks wages to see them all stay on for another year makes sick bubble into my throat.

Is this a wind up?

Footballers are motivated by their own finance they couldnt care less, that is unless another member of the "team" is getting paid more. In which the mercenary lot ask for more cash.
Besides, these redundancies are happening even if the club stays in the top flight

The club's finances are screwed

Last edited:
Sadly the football business is no different to any business. If you're losing the sort of money the club is then it's a no brainer. However I'd be starting nearer the top with the idiots who got us in this position.

They have all gone already Jonny, who's left?

Been through redundancy twice & in no way shape or form is it a class move! Getting rid of Lens for example could go a long way to making up the financial shortfall that has been indentified, frightening when you think sacrificing 1 half arsed footballer in order to secure many jobs could be the answer.

The fact he does not appreciate it, or where his disgusting salary comes is what pisses me off. Horrible money grabbing, selfish bastard. Hope his parents are proud of his attitude.
Professionals with great attitude who appreciate and respect the club and its followers and where the money comes from...not many people are bothered if they earn fantastic salary's, its the market place. But those who piss up our backs are a disgrace. You can forgive people for not been very good, you cant forgive a shit attitude and that's why the likes of Catts, Seb, JOS even though they are on the wane are still held in high regard by many

Last edited:
I'm not convinced any of the players are arsed about people who are working for the club on a hell of a lot less money than them.

If the club were making normal, hard working people with mortgages to pay and families to feed have to wake up every morning wondering if they'd soon be signing on and struggling to feed their kids, just as an incentive to make a bunch of arseholes who make tens of thousands of pounds a week actually put a shift in, then I think it would be the absolute opposite of class.

Thankfully I'm sure it's far from the case. They just know they want to restructure at the end of the season and may need to lose more staff if we're relegated so they've started the 90 day consultation period about 90 days before the end of the season. Absolutely nothing to see conspiracy wise
How come GG gets it right every single time? Best poster on here.

A parade of dishonour before every game might work.
All those people issued with potential redundancy stand outside the changing room and all of our players have to look them in the eye before every match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back