Class move by club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very fact that the kids are being pushed forward in press interviews tells me that the ghost has been given up. Preparation for next season, seen this all before.

Been through redundancy twice & in no way shape or form is it a class move! Getting rid of Lens for example could go a long way to making up the financial shortfall that has been indentified, frightening when you think sacrificing 1 half arsed footballer in order to secure many jobs could be the answer.

The players won't give 2 shits. Some of them might feel some sympathy towards the staff but the majority won't. Footballers only look after themselves and never look in the mirror and say 'this is my fault.' The likes of Januzaj, Denayer, Manquillo will go back to their clubs, the likes of Khazri, Kone and Borini will have one eye on the exit door and will say shite like 'I want to stay in the Premier League'. Pickford and Defoe will move on to better things and fair play to them. The rest will take a pay cut but I doubt they'll be worried if they have enough come Friday to pay to milkman. Love and McNair will still be making more money than they would be at Man Utd.

Have you been through a redundancy process? Seems clear to me going through such a process and not knowing if you'll have a job in 90 days is f***ing about with people's lives.

I'm presuming you don't think redundancies fuck about with people's lives then?

Last edited:
Half the problem in the first place is that if we get relegated the majority of the players wishes come true and they get to move

there is a pay rate for every job and this is the case for premier league players and cleaners alike. The club is a business and will cut costs where they are not business critical. The players however coiuld buddy another member of staff and commit to pay their wages for a year if we get relegated.It doesn't remove the problem but it gives those staff some financial security and time to find other employment

Have you been through a redundancy process? Seems clear to me going through such a process and not knowing if you'll have a job in 90 days is f***ing about with people's lives.

I'm presuming you don't think redundancies fuck about with people's lives then?
So nothing to do with 'playing with people's' lives' then.

If the players need extra incentive does that mean we know they are not trying hard enough right now?

I would like to think the players might take a drop in wages rather than see poor people lose their minimum wage jobs. What a ridiculous thought.
only minimum wage will be match day security I'd guess. Do SAFC not pay the living wage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back