Clamping down on the morning after drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I imagine your right however really that shouldn’t dictate the campaigns. It should be based on when is best to do it. Not sure of the statistics mind ie when the most accidents occur in relation to drink driving.

Surely the money raised in fines could subsidise the overtime for the officers required?
Maybe they are after the drinkers who are drinking in the house/ staying local? Maybe there's more of a problem with them being over the limit the next morning through ignorance than folk actually leaving the pub knowing they are ove rthe limit.

Dunno about 2am like. But we all used to go out from 4 til 11 every Sunday and drive to work at 8 the next day.
:lol:

The Simpsons!

FFS!!!1

Where do you draw the line for morning after? Was times when the spider was open, I’d be getting in at 5 a.m then up at 7 for graft (I didn’t drive there before anyone starts) the limit is the limit as far as I’m concerned.

Where do you draw the line for morning after? Was times when the spider was open, I’d be getting in at 5 a.m then up at 7 for graft (I didn’t drive there before anyone starts) the limit is the limit as far as I’m concerned.
Most employers would sack you these days for turning up pissed never mind the driving.

Ok, I was being flippant. I once drove back from Durham the morning after and couldn’t believe how drunk I still felt. That was bad.
But being a little bit over the next morning?
Used to ride the bikes back from durham pissed every weekend back when we were young, stupid and invincible. Have a session in the angel/rowing club or nevilles cross club and race back to peterlee.
Thankfully no one got hurt before we realised how stupid we were. Not something i'm proud of tbh.

What's the difference between having a skinful and still being over the limit the next day and having a glass of wine but because you have a low tolerance to alcohol you end up being over the limit?

Drink driving is drink driving, there's a limit for a reason and even the next day your still impaired.

1 of my mates were killed in a horrible accident that's been on the tv and been in school campaigns because stupidly they got into a car with someone drunk. I've never driven the same day I've touched a drop since or the next morning if I'd had a lot

Last edited:
Big operation near Chester Le St this morning. Funnelling people into lay-by and breathalysing everyone. Good job it wasn’t yesterday morning :lol:
I still think being caught the morning after shouldn’t result in a ban. It’s hardly the same as getting mortal and trying to drive home.
youre gonna get a lot of high horses here dave.

Big operation near Chester Le St this morning. Funnelling people into lay-by and breathalysing everyone. Good job it wasn’t yesterday morning :lol:
I still think being caught the morning after shouldn’t result in a ban. It’s hardly the same as getting mortal and trying to drive home.
The time makes no difference. If your driving is impaired due to drink don`t drive. It takes a fair while for the alcohol to clear your system.

I got breathalysed last week on the way back from a gig. between Chester and Durham as part of this. Totally clear, then I haven`t had a drink for weeks.

It’s also not just the morning after though is it? I once did that calculator thing and after a typical Friday night session it said not safe to drive until Sunday night. That’s completely impractical for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back