Civil service jobs platform

When are they looking to start that do you know?
It's not for everyone though. Your job role needs to be suitable for hybrid working - so not those that are predominantly customer facing. Offices are being restacked - a Civil Service term for installing IT ready for folk to return to work. Hybrid working will be linked to restacking rather than everyone starting on a specific date. I'm expecting to work from home until at least October cause that's when restacking our office will start.

It's not for everyone though. Your job role needs to be suitable for hybrid working - so not those that are predominantly customer facing. Offices are being restacked - a Civil Service term for installing IT ready for folk to return to work. Hybrid working will be linked to restacking rather than everyone starting on a specific date. I'm expecting to work from home until at least October cause that's when restacking our office will start.
Think some of those in customer facing roles have proved they can do it from home, if your referring to contact centres. I understand the benefits of being in the office for some roles, better for collaboration.

Think some of those in customer facing roles have proved they can do it from home, if your referring to contact centres. I understand the benefits of being in the office for some roles, better for collaboration.
Sorry - should have said face to face customer work - so Job Centres. And maybe DWP Visiting Services but there's a review of that part of DWP ongoing.

Last edited:
Pass the interview but not in the top one so if there is a job comes up on that area in the next year I get it.

Ah, ok. I work for HMRC and I'd never heard the term! It used to be known as a Reserve List. Mind, it's a while since I was involved in an interview situation.

Anyway, well done and I hope something comes up fairly quickly. Do you know which area you might be working in?

Congratulations mate, what grade will you be? Great opportunity for ya

Only EO mate as its a direct appointment so staying the same grade. Great opportunity though and will eventually relocate to Darlo to be in the HM Treasury when it opens so gonna be class for networking etc. Plus my new line manager came from the fast stream so they're going to get me prepared better for next year's intake and let me shadow some policy work too.

Only EO mate as its a direct appointment so staying the same grade. Great opportunity though and will eventually relocate to Darlo to be in the HM Treasury when it opens so gonna be class for networking etc. Plus my new line manager came from the fast stream so they're going to get me prepared better for next year's intake and let me shadow some policy work too.
Nowt wrong with EO's.
Most got a lot more common sense than up the chain...
Good luck fella

Fantastic opportunity that. Well done

Great opportunity, good luck.

Two days not contractual...
Can see a lot of micro managers wanting staff in as much as possible.
Yeah they stated at managers discretion , I’m going to be home based til end of March on the quarantine program and after that going to be at home full time even if back in HMRC - declared disability and this working at home has made me realise just how much easier it makes maintaining health / work / life balance so they can’t really force me

Class that mate.

I've just got my start date in September for the department of international trade via the fast stream. Much thanks to @Oli Wagkz for absolutely bucket loads of advice through the process.

Nice one mate, well done. DAS is a great scheme like, be a good opportunity that. I know a fair few people that have been on it and have progressed quickly since. The experience will stand you in good stead for the Fast Stream opening again. Would imagine that will be in September.

Great opportunity, good luck.

Thanks @Stormo really appreciate it.

Nice one mate, well done. DAS is a great scheme like, be a good opportunity that. I know a fair few people that have been on it and have progressed quickly since. The experience will stand you in good stead for the Fast Stream opening again. Would imagine that will be in September.

Thanks mate. It seems like a very good scheme tbf, slightly dissapointed I didn't make the cut for HEO appointments but happy for the opportunity.

The next fast stream is Sep/Oct time. Very confident that I will be able to perform much better than last time (providing I make it to the FSAC again).

How's things going on your end mate? Anything new?

Back