City Bistro at the College

Status
Not open for further replies.

The food is the best in the city. By the Mile too. Very cheap considering the quality.

The birthday celebration thing they had on or still have on is decent but as the OP stated, not sure what the interest has been like on some of the nights.

Tbh mate I’m being serious 99% of the time on here but this is a little tongue in cheek.They should speak to someone though who can keep a good pint ie:Sinatra’s ,Joseph’s ,Gunner Club ,Avenue ,Railway Tavern,Railway Club ,Westlea club to name a few.

Regarding knowing Mark and the girls that 100% ,I wouldn’t tell lies like that and undo all my hard work on here .I go in once a Fortnight to let the girls loose on my beard and hair whilst Mark keeps clock .

You enjoying the salon like ?

Wish they looked at the higher picture and added a swimming pool into the spa area.

The food is the best in the city. By the Mile too. Very cheap considering the quality.

The birthday celebration thing they had on or still have on is decent but as the OP stated, not sure what the interest has been like on some of the nights.

You enjoying the salon like ?

Wish they looked at the higher picture and added a swimming pool into the spa area.
Yes mate ,daughter goes there and they are always looking for models to practice on .Always try to help the youngens out in the workplace .

City bistro is fantastic for the City. Also they have every toy under the sun when it comes to kitchen equipment so budding new chefs coming through the system have a greater understanding of using such equipment. Such as a sous vide machine which I am led to believe off sunderlands environmental health officers only ourselves and the college use.

Sorry to the couple who mentioned they not fond of what we offer at D'acqua. After 9 years of trading this weekend I realise we can not please everyone. I am just happy to still be open after this time, still have fully booked nights most of the time, and employ 16 members of staff.

Hope to see more of you soon. And thank you to those reading this that support us and dine with us. Seeing so many places open and close you are all aware of how hard it is I am sure to run a restaurant in Sunderland.

Thanks guys x

First time there tonight, absolutely superb. Food was as good as D’Acqua although the service could do with a bit polishing. At almost half the price though it’s fantastic.

We were booked in tonight for a Beer and Beef 10 course meal (was only going to be £35) but due to lack of interest ended up there on the normal menu.

For anyone who’s thought about going and hasn’t, please do. You won’t be disappointed and it would be a real shame for the students to lose out on the real world experience they’re gaining.

We would’ve gone to the beef night but it’s my nephews birthday. - the pork one sounded topper too but not midweek

Sounds unreal hun. Lusheroony xx

Disappointed with the lack of potato though. Was it piping hot?

Are we going to have this comment on every thread about food now ?

City bistro is fantastic for the City. Also they have every toy under the sun when it comes to kitchen equipment so budding new chefs coming through the system have a greater understanding of using such equipment. Such as a sous vide machine which I am led to believe off sunderlands environmental health officers only ourselves and the college use.

Sorry to the couple who mentioned they not fond of what we offer at D'acqua. After 9 years of trading this weekend I realise we can not please everyone. I am just happy to still be open after this time, still have fully booked nights most of the time, and employ 16 members of staff.

Hope to see more of you soon. And thank you to those reading this that support us and dine with us. Seeing so many places open and close you are all aware of how hard it is I am sure to run a restaurant in Sunderland.

Thanks guys x

Well I had Sunday dinner after the parade on Sunday and it was lush, to keep to the smb standards of food reviews the pork was full of pork.

Wife (no) and I went for lunch at the City Bistro last Friday and it was excellent. It's a really nice venue inside and the food was very good indeed for the price. You also have the warm feeling that you're helping young people start out on a professional journey...brilliant concept and I hope the good people of Sunderland give it the support it deserves.

What are the opening times (last orders) and are they fully licensed?
It's limited opening given that it's run by students and staff at the College - see here: http://citycampus.site/bistro/

They seem to be fully licensed, yes (we had wine with our lunch).

Also for those that aren't aware, there are other services run in a similar way: hairdressers, barbers, spa and travel agent.

Last edited:
This was the menu. Looked amazing...

Canapés (beef dripping on toast, beef carpaccio, beef and horseradish croquette)

Steak tartar, quail egg, sour dough toast, truffle emulsion

Beer braised beef cheek, oyster, suet pastry, welsh rarebit

Rare Asian beef salad, roast peanuts, chilli dressing, crispy shallots

Fore rib cap, Jerusalem artichoke, pickled greens, beer vinaigrette

Oxtail stuffed fillet wrapped in Parma ham, pomme puree, baby vegetables

Beetroot sorbet

Baked custard tart, raspberry ripple ice cream

Selection of petit fours

Coffee and tea

10 COURSES £35
BEER/WINE PAIRING £9.95

The bloke was saying once a month they’re looking at doing some beauty/lunch combo thing. Maybe you could get a facial and a bit sausage for the same price?
:lol: If only they actually had it on eh. Fuckin' hell man.

Thanks guys x

Good to hear. Ya beef Wellington is lush hew.

Last edited:
I've never had a bad meal in there. I think the fact it's lasted so long and is often full speaks for itself. He can bake a canny loaf of bread too.
I've only been the once as I don't dine out in the town very often but I'll definitely be back at some point. They'll have to get the nod ahead of City Bistro anarl as the chances of me eating out in the town on a weeknight are slim to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back