Cinema on your own

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have children when the The Lion King came out. I desperately wanted to see it but felt the same as it's a child's film.

I was chatting to my neighbour who asked if I knew anyone who could look after her two little girls that Saturday as her Mam was sick and couldn't have them. I immediately volunteered and offered to take them to the pictures as a treat. Result :D

Aye, I wanted to see Despicable Me and Toy Story 3, but decided best wait until available on DVD.... my brother on the other hand simply drags his wife along, although I think she doesn’t take much convincing!

I'm a miserable fucker but going to the cinema does nowt for me. Sat upright in an uncomfortable chair, shit expensive food a drink surrounded by noisy twats and expensive as fuck

I’ve been a few times by myself and really enjoyed it. Think the last time was 12 years a slave.

Haven’t been to the pictures in ages. Really fancy going to see ‘You Were Never Really Here’, looks a good one.

Nope. I've done theatre and cinema on my own. Prefer the pub on my own.
Not done a restaurant on my own... eaten in pubs and stuff on my own but not a proper restaurant.
Do hotel restaurants count as a proper restaurant?

Go quite often as I get 4 free tickets a week thru Work healthcare as long as I get enough exercise points. Never been on my own like but would if the occasion to arose. Wouldn’t go with my mates, would be odd.

Aye, I wanted to see Despicable Me and Toy Story 3, but decided best wait until available on DVD.... my brother on the other hand simply drags his wife along, although I think she doesn’t take much convincing!

Why not just go to a screening later in the evening next time? :D

Kids at the early screenings but all adults at the later screenings.

Why not just go to a screening later in the evening next time? :D

Kids at the early screenings but all adults at the later screenings.

I understand where you coming from, unfortunately I can rarely able to take advantage of evening screenings, as my last bus home is just after 7pm. And to be honest I cannot be bothered with hassle of having to get train/taxi home.

Only time I manage to see a evening/late screening is when my brother is over visiting and he has the car.

I understand where you coming from, unfortunately I can rarely able to take advantage of evening screenings, as my last bus home is just after 7pm. And to be honest I cannot be bothered with hassle of having to get train/taxi home.

Only time I manage to see a evening/late screening is when my brother is over visiting and he has the car.

Can you ride a bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back