Christians gather around hospital to put women off having abortions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I live in High Barnes. :lol:

I voted for Corbyn though if that helps. And Brexit.

The American Football Av was a somewhat misleading :lol:
Corbyn and Brexit... That's a little conflicted.

Agree with voting for the former very much not the latter, but there we go.

Which at that time is totally dependant on its mothers body to survive. And yes, I have seen scans like that, I have 2 kids of my own.
And after it's born it will be totally dependent on its mother to survive infancy. Does that still give the mother the right to kill it?

And after it's born it will be totally dependent on its mother to survive infancy. Does that still give the mother the right to kill it?
No because the legal definition is medical support, not nourishment.

I suppose you could say it’s not dependent on the mother after 24 weeks. If the mother died in childbirth, the baby could still survive without the mother (with intervention and formula). Before 24 weeks it can’t. Hence the legal definition.

It's a legal definition really as people will always disagree on that.

So in America where public opinion in the last few years has been turning more pro-life and if Trump legislates to class a foetus a baby does it suddenly become a baby?

It's opinion but the law is all that matters.
Yep, is a legal definition, and you can argue that at 6 weeks it’s a blob but at 38 weeks it’s a baby but somewhere in between that, it “becomes” a baby. The law needs to draw a line somewhere. And no, the correct line isn’t “at conception” because then the morning after pill becomes murder, and women start getting jailed for miscarriages (example in South America). Two cells isn’t a baby. It’s potentially a baby.

So does that give those who it is dependent on the right to kill it?

I just think it is a stupid justification for abortion that the unborn child is totally dependent on the mother.

extrapolating from the post you are quoting, I don't see why not. Infanticide would be used as fertility control in more primitive societies.

Yep, is a legal definition, and you can argue that at 6 weeks it’s a blob but at 38 weeks it’s a baby but somewhere in between that, it “becomes” a baby. The law needs to draw a line somewhere. And no, the correct line isn’t “at conception” because then the morning after pill becomes murder, and women start getting jailed for miscarriages (example in South America). Two cells isn’t a baby. It’s potentially a baby.

This is the crux of the debate. These religious nutters believe it is and no amount of discussion makes their viewpoint morally wrong.

This is the crux of the debate. These religious nutters believe it is and no amount of discussion makes their viewpoint morally wrong.
Correct. But I don’t agree they should be allowed to distress vulnerable families because they want their arguments heard. Have someone else listen to them - like politicians.

Correct. But I don’t agree they should be allowed to distress vulnerable families because they want their arguments heard. Have someone else listen to them - like politicians.

Again, I would have to disagree. I think the right to say what you wish holds precedent over someone's right not to be distressed by their actions.

As long as what you say is within the law.

Again, I would have to disagree. I think the right to say what you wish holds precedent over someone's right not to be distressed by their actions.

As long as what you say is within the law.
We’ll have to disagree on that I think.

I might try and go protest in the House of Commons tomorrow and let you know how I get on with that argument. ;)

It's a legal definition really as people will always disagree on that.

So in America where public opinion in the last few years has been turning more pro-life and if Trump legislates to class a foetus a baby does it suddenly become a baby?

It's opinion but the law is all that matters.

He can’t overturn Roe vs Wade, only the Supreme Court can ban abortion in the US as they legalised it under said ruling

(Iirc)

Last edited:
I’d get moved on from outside the HOC anarl.

What are the reasons for this?

The prohibited activities include:

• Operating amplified noise equipment such as a loudspeaker or loudhailer, unless you have authorisation to do so from the Greater London Authority or Westminster Council;
  • Erecting a tent or other sleeping structure, or sleeping in one;
  • Placing or keeping a sleeping bag, mattress or similar equipment in the area in order to sleep there; or
  • Using any sleeping equipment to sleep overnight in the area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back