Christians gather around hospital to put women off having abortions

Well technically, it’s because even with medical intervention, we can’t keep it alive.

Once our medical technology increases? It may come down
Why should it matter if technology improves and we could keep one alive before 24 weeks? Surely the point should be it would survive if it wasn't terminated , not if it could survive if born prematurely?

Why should it matter if technology improves and we could keep one alive before 24 weeks? Surely the point should be it would survive if it wasn't terminated , not if it could survive if born prematurely?
Because then it can be deemed viable and a “person” because it isn’t reliant on the mother/womb to survive.

That’s basically the law. We have to draw the line somewhere and that’s where and why.

Because then it can be deemed viable and a “person” because it isn’t reliant on the mother/womb to survive.

That’s basically the law. We have to draw the line somewhere and that’s where and why.
Yes, I understand that but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Personally I can't understand why a woman would carry a healthy baby for 6 months then get an abortion. It shouldn't take that long to decide.

Yes, I understand that but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Personally I can't understand why a woman would carry a healthy baby for 6 months then get an abortion. It shouldn't take that long to decide.
Well neither do I, and I think the stats are that most abortions are pre 12 weeks. Of the ones after, I would imagine that they are mainly for medical reasons after the 20 week abnormally scan.

-
-Ninety-two per cent of abortions were carried out at under 13 weeks gestation and 81%
were carried out at under 10 weeks. 62% are medical abortions.

I can tell that you're the type of person who puts a lot of stock into race, gender type identities, that's not for me like so I'm just gonna leave that.

Abortion kills the baby, by comparison it has a minor effect (affect?) on the woman, therefore I think priority has to go to the kid in this discussion.
Pregnancy has a minor effect on a woman?

What a f***ing muppet :lol:

Well neither do I, and I think the stats are that most abortions are pre 12 weeks. Of the ones after, I would imagine that they are mainly for medical reasons after the 20 week abnormally scan.

-
-Ninety-two per cent of abortions were carried out at under 13 weeks gestation and 81%
were carried out at under 10 weeks. 62% are medical abortions.
Ignore the last stat, medical Abortion means something different to what I thought.

Our lass was bleeding like fuck in the early stages of our second. We went that scan fearing the worst.

The nurse pointed at the weird little blob on the screen with the heartbeat and burst into tears. We ended up comforting her because every other lass she saw that day wasn't as lucky.

Not human before 12 weeks my f***ing arse.

And yet it's how we all began life. Unless action is taken to end it's life, it will become a baby.
Not necessarily true at all.

Our lass was bleeding like fuck in the early stages of our second. We went that scan fearing the worst.

The nurse pointed at the weird little blob on the screen with the heartbeat and burst into tears. We ended up comforting her because every other lass she saw that day wasn't as lucky.

Its not human, its just some cells. Have you ever seen a heart out of the body waiting for a transplant? Beating away - thats what those cells do!

And after it's born it will be totally dependent on its mother to survive infancy. Does that still give the mother the right to kill it?
Its no longer part of her body, its a body of its own. There is a difference - lets not go full American on this.

I’m really happy your situation turned out well. But legally it’s not human at that stage. I’ve had the same scan, and I’ve seen the heartbeat. But it wasn’t human.

Logon or register to see this image

And here’s an example of what happens when “life begins at conception”

Salvadoran woman jailed over stillbirth freed after 11 years

I’m really happy your situation turned out well. But legally it’s not human at that stage. I’ve had the same scan, and I’ve seen the heartbeat. But it wasn’t human.

Logon or register to see this image

And here’s an example of what happens when “life begins at conception”

Salvadoran woman jailed over stillbirth freed after 11 years

I appreciate your view but its an impossible discussion. People are entrenched in their opinions.

Legal definitions whilst the most useful change over time. Again if Trump changes the law it doesn't change your opinion. Vice versa for some on here.

Abortion by gestational age in weeks

0-5 weeks: 13%
6-10 weeks: 73%
11-15 weeks: 11%
16 weeks+: 4%

(101% due to rounding)

57% or abortions take place before eight weeks

(England and Wales, 2015)

Back