Christians gather around hospital to put women off having abortions

I’ll ask the police when they ask me to move. ;)

I imagine it’s public order, but four quietpeople with placards wouldn’t start a riot, so it’ll be bollocks.

which i'm fine with.

I had a quick look and

The prohibited activities include:

• Operating amplified noise equipment such as a loudspeaker or loudhailer, unless you have authorisation to do so from the Greater London Authority or Westminster Council;
  • Erecting a tent or other sleeping structure, or sleeping in one;
  • Placing or keeping a sleeping bag, mattress or similar equipment in the area in order to sleep there; or
  • Using any sleeping equipment to sleep overnight in the area.
probably just don't want the place littered with many protests. personally, I wouldn't have an issue apart from the tents etc. i cannot pitch a tent wherever I wish.

which i'm fine with.

I had a quick look and

The prohibited activities include:

• Operating amplified noise equipment such as a loudspeaker or loudhailer, unless you have authorisation to do so from the Greater London Authority or Westminster Council;
  • Erecting a tent or other sleeping structure, or sleeping in one;
  • Placing or keeping a sleeping bag, mattress or similar equipment in the area in order to sleep there; or
  • Using any sleeping equipment to sleep overnight in the area.
probably just don't want the place littered with many protests. personally, I wouldn't have an issue apart from the tents etc. i cannot pitch a tent wherever I wish.
Is that opposite the HOC on the central bit? I think protests in Parliament square are limited to that piece of land?

You say that like you been paying attention.

If you had actually being paying attention you’d see that I said that these protesters can protest elsewhere. Just not right outside the hospital.

I don’t think it’s right that religiously motivated protesters are targeting vulnerable women. Do you?
I'm only on page 4 and you've used the phrase "vulnerable women" half a dozen times.

I get the impression that you don't get around women much, but those who have asserted their right to a legal, if still slightly controversial procedure are hardly vulnerable.

I don't know if this is part of the MeToo, women-are-victims-who-have-no-agency narrative or whether you're just dim, but try and think what you're writing.

I'm only on page 4 and you've used the phrase "vulnerable women" half a dozen times.

I get the impression that you don't get around women much, but those who have asserted their right to a legal, if still slightly controversial procedure are hardly vulnerable.

I don't know if this is part of the MeToo, women-are-victims-who-have-no-agency narrative or whether you're just dim, but try and think what you're writing.

You don’t think the emotional strain of having an abortion makes these women acutely vulnerable around the time of the procedure?

Since you want to make arsey comments, I know three women who’ve had an abortion. One of whom is one of my best friends.

How many women do you know who’ve had an abortion?

Here’s an example for you, a quote from a Guardian article on women’s own experiences of abortion:

“I was naturally feeling really vulnerable...”

Nine women share their personal stories of abortion

Last edited:
You don’t think the emotional strain of having an abortion makes these women acutely vulnerable around the time of the procedure?

Since you want to make arsey comments, I know three women who’ve had an abortion. One of whom is one of my best friends.

Here’s an example for you, a quote from a Guardian article on women’s own experiences of abortion:

His comments are another example of opinions on a female dominated subject in a predominantly male dominated thread

Interesting read that. Some very flippent comments. I don' regret it at all and am really happy with the decision I made.

Really happy? Utterly bizarre to me.

How many women do I know who've had an abortion? Well, my wife got pregnant (by me, I may add) and we decided on an abortion. So, yah boo sucks to you... ;)

What does vulnerable mean? It implies passivity and need of protection and is usually used for children and people who lack mental or physical capacity, people who can be taken advantage of. Just because you're going through an emotional trial doesn't mean you're not strong and you've lost agency.

His comments are another example of opinions on a female dominated subject in a predominantly male dominated thread

It's a footy forum. It's male dominated. All the threads are.

How many women do I know who've had an abortion? Well, my wife got pregnant (by me, I may add) and we decided on an abortion. So, yah boo sucks to you... ;)

What does vulnerable mean? It implies passivity and need of protection and is usually used for children and people who lack mental or physical capacity, people who can be taken advantage of. Just because you're going through an emotional trial doesn't mean you're not strong and you've lost agency.

f***ing hell. Abortion top trumps:D

Last edited:
I don’t get around women much despite knowing at least three who’ve had an abortion and they’re obviously not vulnerable despite women themselves saying so and the medical community treating them as such
Oh well, you know 3 women who've had abortions, so you'll be the expert then.

FFS. You epic arsehole.

I don't think all women are vulnerable at the time of the abortion, many are just relieved and happy.

Back