Chris Rigg

Well then he isn’t yet be at the level a lot of this board seem to think he is because there’s players around his age playing in the premier league every week

I’m not saying he’s a bad player as he’s clearly got a lot of quality but o think people on here need to take a step back and let him develop like.
16 year olds?

Still so difficult to tell.
Playing superbly for his age and if he continues developing for 4 or 5 years will be some player.
However Pat Roberts was tipped to become a world class player when first breaking through, he peaked early and hasn't kicked on.
Hopefully he will be whispering in Riggys ear telling him that the grass isn’t always greener when the big clubs come sniffing

He will be gone by next summer. Either to a team in Europe like Dortmund or to United/Liverpool.
whilst I couldn't blame him going to a top club like that for the opportunities or the money, quality younger players nowadays appear to value getting playing time.

Seems to have been a big shift recently. Players like bellingham/haaland/sancho etc who could have moved to big clubs much earlier, have gone places to play. (I'm not saying Rigg is at that level btw)

He will be gone by next summer. Either to a team in Europe like Dortmund or to United/Liverpool.
Might aswell forget about being a top player if he signs for Man Utd. It’s a young players graveyard.

They’re absolutely abysmal and he won’t get a game

Crazy he wasn’t used before now, unless it was to keep him out of the headlines.

Surely Tom Watson now deserves a chance in a season that’s finished already.

I’m not sure what you mean. Do you mean the Sunderland owner or the Saudi regime?

Most footballers think of the money. If Rigg can play at a higher level, get England recognition and also get paid a lot more than currently can you staying at Sunderland?

The club would snap the hands off any club that offered a few millions.
The point I am making is not realistic.

I am saying we cannot afford to match the wages he will be offered elsewhere. However, if he was promised a huge chunk of his subsequent transfer fee then that could make it up to him financially.

With regard to making millions for a billionaire I was referring to KLD.

Back