Chris Rigg

He has all the attributes to go to the very top. What's more, his type of player, midfielders that can play on the half turn etc are very "in" at the minute.

That said he is still very young, players can often flatline after the initial breakthrough and don't continue improving etc.
Still an incredibly long way to go. Hopefully he stays here and plays week in, week out

Last edited:

I'm old enough to remember when Ben Clark or Louis Laing were the best prospects in years here, or when James Vaughan broke the Premier League goalscoring record or when Connor Wickham was a first teamer at the age of 15. On the other hand Henderson won everything there was to win in the game at club level.
I don't think he was, like.

Where's this rumour came from that Newcastle won't play him if he signs for them? If they rate him, they will. Period.

Lewis Miley (17) is in his first season with them, and has 18 Premier League appearences this season, and 3 Champions league appearances (incl. 2 full 90s).

What's the point in lying to ourselves?:lol:
Because they have had several injuries in that position and they will probably strengthen even more

Not sure where the idea of him not being able to get in the mags first team has come from. They play that Miley bloke who's pretty young. I'd rather he didn't go there obviously but there's nothing to really suggest it would be a bad move for him

Probably because miley didn’t get in the squad until they were down to the bare bones in cm

Professional footballers are rarely true "supporters" or "fans".

it's a career that is extremely short, can end overnight and they have to make decisions based on that.

What team you supported when you were 8 year old rarely comes into it.

That atmosphere isn’t really there in the stands though. Look at the reception the players got at Elland Road on Tuesday basically just for turning up and trying! The players spent a lot of the night giving the ball away or kicking it anywhere and yet they got heroes receptions at the end of the game. Thousands there with us languishing in the middle of the table.

At home, they’re either backed or treated with apathy when crap. We got done 1-5 at home to a team that look like they could go down and there was nowt more than a few disgruntled boos. Rangers were booed off at half time in their last fixture and Leeds booed theirs off at half time against us! Both those sides aiming for the top in their respective leagues.

In short, there’s no reason a player would want to move away because of an alleged toxic atmosphere because that doesn’t exist. More money, opportunities or potential honours? Very possibly and understandably.
Tbh i think our fans understand that we have a very young team which needs support. The problem arises when certain players play like they just cant be arsed ....the stick then comes which is understandable as there is no excuse for lack of effort.

Seriously to be this good at his age I think he could go to the very top. Is he the best player we've ever had at his age?. I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that, he looks like a lad who's played four or five years of men's football. He looks after the ball, never hides, can pick a pass, he's a leader already. It's really hard not to get carried away with him as we know how quickly it can all change but if I were a top club I'd be snapping him up now and leaving him here for a few seasons as he won't get the gametime patience and love anywhere like he will get here and that's great for his growth.

What do people think will happen and what's his ceiling if he continues like he has this season?.
Right now he is outstanding for his age. Doesn't mean he will be in 5yrs.

Potentially right to the top. It’ll be interesting to see his career develop. I’m sure his folks have had a chat with the Bellinghams. I think we’ll see one or two more years of him.

He is not going to the Mags, they have next year without buying anyone, Bruno, Tonalli, Joelinton,Willox, Anderson, Milley, Longstaff that is 7 for 3 spots.

Seriously to be this good at his age I think he could go to the very top. Is he the best player we've ever had at his age?. I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that, he looks like a lad who's played four or five years of men's football. He looks after the ball, never hides, can pick a pass, he's a leader already. It's really hard not to get carried away with him as we know how quickly it can all change but if I were a top club I'd be snapping him up now and leaving him here for a few seasons as he won't get the gametime patience and love anywhere like he will get here and that's great for his growth.

What do people think will happen and what's his ceiling if he continues like he has this season?.
Somebody on here a couple of weeks ago (can't remember who) said he lacks pace and hasn't got the skill to beat a man, if those two flaws are true, it will stop him being a top player.

Back