Chris Rigg

I’m not disagreeing.

However, compare it to (for example) when Roy Keane took over and the atmosphere was electric in the ground and around the region, including on here.

By comparison it is toxic currently, and that it totally understandable. Would a top prospect want to play his football in such a club atmosphere or elsewhere for more money?

I don’t disagree.
Toxic in the ground? I can’t say I’ve noticed that at all.

He’ll have been well watched. If we managed to sign him onto a pro contract when he turns 17 it will be a massive achievement. Personally I’d argue there’s few places he could go right now where he’d be developed better but I predict he will go to the likes of Liverpool eventually…..if he signs here first.

This isn’t true, Miley made the bench last season and eventually made his debut at the end of last season in what was his equivalent season to Riggs season this season ( 1st year scholar)

A few appearances on the bench. So why did it take until November for him to be in the squad this season? They have Bruno, longstaff, joelinton, tonali, willock and Anderson all ahead of him

He’ll have been well watched. If we managed to sign him onto a pro contract when he turns 17 it will be a massive achievement. Personally I’d argue there’s few places he could go right now where he’d be developed better but I predict he will go to the likes of Liverpool eventually…..if he signs here first.

I think he’s already agreed to it and it’s just a case of announcing it when he turns 17

A few appearances on the bench. So why did it take until November for him to be in the squad this season? They have Bruno, longstaff, joelinton, tonali, willock and Anderson all ahead of him
So he had made squads and played for them a year younger than what Rigg would be if he went there never mind in the same year. Because they could put their best side out, but everyone is always going to pick injuries up, lose form, rotate the squad and then it’s up to the player to grab the chance like Miley has. I don’t want Rigg to go there and I personally don’t think he will , but if he did I think he would get some game time, even if they don’t they could loan him to the championship.

A lot may well come down to cash as well, all it takes is a bad injury and that’s the career derailed. If the lad has a chance to properly secure his and his family’s future it’s not just football decisions that make players move.
There will also be the arguments of playing/ training with better coaches improves a players development as well.
Hopefully he signs but wouldn’t blame him for moving on either

Why the hell would he remain at Sunderland, languishing in mid-table of lower in The Championship with a toxic atmosphere from disgruntled fans, when he could earn far more playing at a higher level at another club?
Not if he is offered £5-£10k per week as was suggested above. Try offering him half his transfer fee when he moves to his next club😉

Why would he want to make millions for a billionaire?

Why would he want to make millions for a billionaire?
I’m not sure what you mean. Do you mean the Sunderland owner or the Saudi regime?

Most footballers think of the money. If Rigg can play at a higher level, get England recognition and also get paid a lot more than currently can you staying at Sunderland?

The club would snap the hands off any club that offered a few millions.

Back