Chris Maguire

I would speculate that the decision to not retain Maguire for next season has already been made by Speckman/Johnson. The jury is obviously out on the rest of them.

Johnson appears that be almost facing his own Parky/McGeady moment here. Tonight, the bench was, as usual, a much of a muchness. He has to include Maguire on Saturday, doesn't he?

Johnson appears that be almost facing his own Parky/McGeady moment here. Tonight, the bench was, as usual, a much of a muchness. He has to include Maguire on Saturday, doesn't he?

Agree, think something has gone on between them. Maguire probably kicking off seen as he has only started two games under LJ both were in the pizza cup when many of the other players were cup tied.

Might be worth hoying back in if he’s up for it.

really does depend what’s going on off the field I suppose. If he has a point to prove and isn’t coasting/given up he might be a great option.

None of the sycophantic NE media can ask a simple question “Lee, why has Chris Maguire not been included in your recent match day squads?”. Just like none asked Parkinson about McGeady.

Agree, think something has gone on between them. Maguire probably kicking off seen as he has only started two games under LJ both were in the pizza cup when many of the other players were cup tied.
I don't know that it's a personal thing, but Johnson is clearly set against playing him. But we need a bit of difference now, a little more guile.

We need better than our growing ranks of “good for the bench” players.
We need players capable of delivering effective contributions for 90 minutes, let’s get real and sort the squad out.

Maguire must have been told he's not getting retained I'm guessing otherwise he would have been on the bench last night surely?

Back