Chris Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Towards the end of his reign, he was chucking players out onto the pitch in the hops it worked, the worst performances of the season were under him last year.
He wasn't the first and he won't be the last Sunderland manager to do that.
I remember Poyet playing Stephen Fletcher on the left wing in his final game such was his desperation to find a formula that worked

He wasn't the first and he won't be the last Sunderland manager to do that.
I remember Poyet playing Stephen Fletcher on the left wing in his final game such was his desperation to find a formula that worked

One game Poyet also played anybody who had scored a goal for us that season on the basis that someone would have to score if he did that.

I liked how the pissed up supporter stumbled against the railing as he wandered off having sorted out the manager good and proper.

And results improved as well.

He was doing OK until Jan signings arrived ...
We were turgid at home to Reading, at home to Birmingham, on Boxing Day vs Sheff Utd, and at home to Barnsley. He was the manager who signed the likes of Camp, Clarke-Salter and Fletcher.

I thought Coleman was hard done by, and deserved a shot under the new management.

However, having watched this, I'm less sure. McGeady's remark was telling.
That squad was shite and full of overpaid arseholes. It however by some distance wasn't the worst in the league, that shows the level of his ability

He basically consigned us to relegation with those January signings.

Sticking with 5 at the back was a joke too.

Losing Grabban was a massive blow but shoring up the defence and getting a proper keeper in was all that was needed, he had enough games to get the job done in but failed miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back