Chris Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he spent more time on the training ground than sat behind his desk spouting absolute shite and stupid analogies, we may well have had a sniff. Looked to me like he gave up long before the season ended and just enjoyed being around the good people at the club that he kept banging on about.

Probably get pelters for this and I'm sure he's a nice guy but I was pleased when he left and on the basis of that I was right to be.

Appreciate people were frustrated but goes to show you shouldnt give out abuse without knowing the full story. Honeyman was another example. I wasn't his biggest fan before this but now I think he's my favourite player. Cant fault his attitude.
Even Bain came across well. Just a shit show all around but they weren't bad people. Except Rodwell. Fuck him.
:lol: Has the programme made him a better player like?

If he spent more time on the training ground than sat behind his desk spouting absolute shite and stupid analogies, we may well have had a sniff. Looked to me like he gave up long before the season ended and just enjoyed being around the good people at the club that he kept banging on about.

Probably get pelters for this and I'm sure he's a nice guy but I was pleased when he left and on the basis of that I was right to be.
I think they were readying themselves for League 1 and he thought he'd still be here.

He did the job he was brought in to do. Therefore be wasn't incompetent.
And what job was that?

Managerial recruitment - bad.
Player recruitment - worse.
Improve revenue streams - non-existent.
Explore commercial opportunities for the above - non-existent.
Market the club - as above.

He can fasten his watch and put on a crisp shirt to make all the impression he wants about the place but the bloke was a disaster.

Last edited:
Seems a nice fella, gave out an awful lot of sound bites without much detail at all. That seemed to be reflected in what McGeady was saying about him and it’s a stark contrast to the approach of Jack Ross.

Nonetheless he seemed a genuinely nice bloke. Very classy to text the chef the way he did when he left. Imagine a lot of managers just blow through clubs without ever taking the time to build relationships with the staff.

I think given time he may have been able to build something, but I don't think we'd have had anywhere near as strong a start as we've had under JR. He did seem to "get it" and really was proud to be here, a lovely bloke as well. I hope he gets another shot in England and does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back