Chris Coleman

I think Bain comes across as an utter amateur who just loves the attention.

Exactly this! Talking about the need to be diligent when it comes to signing players, considering their injury records, etc. One of the scouts lists all of Jonny Williams’ injuries over the course of two years and Bain then gives the nod to sign him. You couldn’t make it up!

Exactly this! Talking about the need to be diligent when it comes to signing players, considering their injury records, etc. One of the scouts lists all of Jonny Williams’ injuries over the course of two years and Bain then gives the nod to sign him. You couldn’t make it up!

Physio reeled off the list of injuries and then says, “aye, we are happy”. Complete lack of moral courage on their part to speak truth to power and say what they really thought / knew. The whole place was toxic and fucked.

I’m concerned about McGeady speaking out of school. Grassing up to the camera that he disagreed with the manager. Just shows how fucked and splintered the place was. Very poor.

Do we know that segment was filmed whilst Coleman was around? Could have been after he was sacked.

TV programmes will always cut things together in such a way as to achieve maximum effect. E.g a lot of the crowd shots of people passing under St Peter’s Metro were done of people leaving and going back over to town as that’s when people are more concentrated in the area, as opposed to arriving ahead of kick off at different times.

Stern John failed his medical roy still signed him we signed bracewell 2nd time round his record was bad

Grabban's side of it was interesting. He hauled him off early in the second half in his first couple of games. Grabban clicked on to him straight away, if only we all had.
Aye, although with the CV of 12 goals at what was becoming a basket case of an operation he would have known that opportunities lay elsewhere in Jan

Thought the text to the chef lass was class so fair play to him.

Thought the bloke that abused him outside the sol was completely unnecessary and distasteful. We as supporters should be better than that...leave that type of behaviour to the shop shouters. If Coleman had got to him he would have ripped his head off.

Appreciate people were frustrated but goes to show you shouldnt give out abuse without knowing the full story. Honeyman was another example. I wasn't his biggest fan before this but now I think he's my favourite player. Cant fault his attitude.
Even Bain came across well. Just a shit show all around but they weren't bad people. Except Rodwell. Fuck him.
And grabban he came across as aright arsehole

I ve gone the other way re. Bain. I defended him a fair bit in his time here as Short was the problem. But he reminds me of one of the old technical managers at work. f***ing beyond useless, but looked the part and spoke a good job. Got found out in the end and got the bullet. He was also a baldy jock with designer stubble and a fancy watch. Bullshit only gets you so far.
Not really sure what anyone thought Bain could do, with a zero budget for transfer and wages

Last edited:
I think given time he may have been able to build something, but I don't think we'd have had anywhere near as strong a start as we've had under JR. He did seem to "get it" and really was proud to be here, a lovely bloke as well. I hope he gets another shot in England and does well.

got what? he was an absolute chancer who proved he did not have a clue, nice bloke awful manager

And grabban he came across as aright arsehole

Not really sure what anyone thought Bain could do, with a zero budget for transfer and wages

Grabban was just being professional i suppose, paid to score goals, what did anyone expect him to do, purposely miss cos he was playing us?

Bain was also just doing his job, looked genuinely dissapointed throughout but who knows....

Back