Chilli...

Status
Not open for further replies.

c032745y

Winger
...we haven't had a recipe thread for a while & as chilli has loads of variations, what's yours?

I use minced steak, 1/3 minced pork, 2 x green chillis 4 x garlic cloves, beef stock, tin of tomatoes, tin of beans, usually black eyed, loads of smoked paprika, thyme. Bit of 75% dark chocolate & odds & sods of other stuff along the spice shelf. I've even put a nip of whisky in it!

Slow cooker, served with rice or chips or sliced potatoes, anything that's about. Even cauliflower cheese once, that was lush...

...we haven't had a recipe thread for a while & as chilli has loads of variations, what's yours?

I use minced steak, 1/3 minced pork, 2 x green chillis 4 x garlic cloves, beef stock, tin of tomatoes, tin of beans, usually black eyed, loads of smoked paprika, thyme. Bit of 75% dark chocolate & odds & sods of other stuff along the spice shelf. I've even put a nip of whisky in it!

Slow cooker, served with rice or chips or sliced potatoes, anything that's about. Even cauliflower cheese once, that was lush...
Onions an'arl FFS

Last edited:

Oregano is what you need.... normally use the Waitrose Wild stuff coz it's the best..... don't need stock - just use some dark beer/ ale for it instead.... plenty of garlic and stuff... and plenty of home grown chilli's.... depending on how hot you want it... serve with fresh salsa, preferably home made and cheese - grated, or this stuff... HotHedz Con Queso.... job's a good'un!

Mince
Onions
Garlic

Chilli powder
Cumin
Hot smoked paprika
Beef stock
Tabasco sauce
Splash of red

Kidney beans
Tomatoes
Chopped red peppers

Fry up the onion, garlic and pepper, add the beef and spices(strength to your liking ), Brown the meat..

Add the stock, beans etc....give it a good hour simmering, leave to cool a bit...serve

Never had any complaints yet..

I go for the quick option, a tin of Asda's smart price chilli con carne, 2 slices of Mexicana cheese, chilli left over from Saturdays kebab and a dash of sweet chilli sauce - simmer, then add rice - lusheroonie and done in under 5 minutes :cool:.

Mince
Onions
Garlic

Chilli powder
Cumin
Hot smoked paprika
Beef stock
Tabasco sauce
Splash of red

Kidney beans
Tomatoes
Chopped red peppers

Fry up the onion, garlic and pepper, add the beef and spices(strength to your liking ), Brown the meat..

Add the stock, beans etc....give it a good hour simmering, leave to cool a bit...serve

Never had any complaints yet..

Just knocked up a chilli about an hour ago similar to that above. Hoyed a garlic bread baguette in the oven while it was cooking so I could have a couple of slices of that on the side with it because I’ve had the post hangover munchies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back