Chilli...

Would not put chorizo in the "great stuff" box. Yet it looks like something I should enjoy more.

What am I missing here ?

Yes.
Chorizo is great stuff but use sparingly.. Chorizo and eggs (poached scrambled or omelette ) is a great mexican breakfast mix

No: Minced meat, beans, onions or tomatoes under any circumstances.

Use: Beef in cubes, peppers, garlic, beer

Serve with: Salsa camole, raw onions, grated cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, cornbread, beer and/or margeritas

Music: Hank Williams will help you get the correct chili-perspective on life and being

No: Minced meat, beans, onions or tomatoes under any circumstances.
Use: Beef in cubes, peppers, garlic, beer
Serve with: Salsa camole, raw onions, grated cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, cornbread, beer and/or margeritas
I know you are technically correct (The best kind of correct), but I have made both, and do prefer mince, tomatoes and beans in it.
I guess its a different meal in truth, but its one I like more.

I know you are technically correct (The best kind of correct), but I have made both, and do prefer mince, tomatoes and beans in it.
I've had decent versions of the popular version, but it is another dish really, as you point out.

People don't know what they're missing out on

The question here is whether or not chilli in a slow cooker is even a chilli at all (despite it being awesome).

Also i'll agree with anyone who can slide a futurama reference into a post so easily :p

The question here is whether or not chilli in a slow cooker is even a chilli at all (despite it being awesome).
Also i'll agree with anyone who can slide a futurama reference into a post so easily :p
Instant pot for me. Its ace.

And yep, I thought I delivered that one quite well.

My take....... makes about 5/6 good portions

600g of lean mince steak
2 onions, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic. finely chopped
2-4 chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
Teaspoon each of cayenne pepper, allspice, cumin, paprika and oregano
2 tablespoons tomato puree
2 cans of tomatoes
4-6 anchovies or spoon of anchovy paste
Good glug of red wine (about two glasses)
3 squares of dark chocolate
2 cans of red kidney beans, drained

Cook onions for a few minutes than add the garlic, chillies and spices and cook for a further 4/5 mins. Add the mince, tomato puree and anchovies and cook through/mix for a few minutes more, then add the tomatoes and red wine. Lastly add beans and let simmer for 2 hours. Near the end of cooking time add the dark chocolate and stir through.

Serve with sour cream and grated manchego cheese.............. and rice if you want it

1lb beef mince
1 Large onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 red and 1 yellow pepper cubed

1 heaped teaspoon hot chilli powder
1 rounded teaspoon cumin
1 rounded teaspoon paprika (all spices can be increase as according to taste)

2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 oxo cube crumbled
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
2 tins of chopped tomatoes

1 tin of kidney beans
1 tin of Heinz Fiery Beans
1 chunk of 75%+ dark chocolate

Cook the first bit, add the second bit for 20 seconds, then add the third bit and cook with lid on for half an hour. Add the last bit, remove lid and cook until it's at the consistency you like.

Back