Chilli...

Dee it with braising steak instead of mince. Sear it, set to one side. Sweat onions n garlic. Fresh chillis if at hand but flakes'll dee. Hoy it in a casserole dish with tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin, paprika, salt pepper, kidney beans and baked beans and sling it in the oven for a couple of hours 'til the beef's nice n tender.

Love a chilli me and use pretty much what has been said already such as lime juice and chocolate in mine however it cannot be slow cooked as it absolutely ruins the texture imo. Simmered for an hour cooled then reheated after 24h is the way to go for me like but each to their own
I prefer it slow cooked. I render most of the fat out of the mince first then what’s left goes a lovely creamy consistency for the sauce. You could wait till about halfway through before throwing the beans if you think they are a bit mushy. I prefer them softer.

All about, as it should be, the chillies.

Been buying dried Ancho and Chipotle chillies for flavour, and then other stuff for heat. Really makes all the difference.

Dee it with braising steak instead of mince. Sear it, set to one side. Sweat onions n garlic. Fresh chillis if at hand but flakes'll dee. Hoy it in a casserole dish with tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin, paprika, salt pepper, kidney beans and baked beans and sling it in the oven for a couple of hours 'til the beef's nice n tender.

Nope.

All about, as it should be, the chillies.

Been buying dried Ancho and Chipotle chillies for flavour, and then other stuff for heat. Really makes all the difference.

Yep.

Never understood the fascination with chorizo. Doesn't work for me.

Now, smoked bacon lardons, on the other hand...
I'm a big one for using up stuff in the fridge. Often find a bit of dried up end of Chorizo ring that's not palatable enough to eat raw, chuck it in the chilli adds paprika and a bit of extra fat content to hang flavour on cos I generally only use 5% mince. Tastes fine.
Let's not forget a chilli is basically use what you have food

Back