Chicken in Indian Takeaways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you really think the conditions over here are any better like?

I agree though that these environmentally mental practices should be stopped. If we can grow or farm it here then we shouldn't be importing stuff from different continents. It's wrong.
I'd like to think conditions are slightly better... Mind some of the conditions that the Danish have with pig farming are not great.... They don't see the outside, force fed and grow so quick they can't stand

Iā€™ve always used Roker Tandoori..beautiful wonā€™t hear a bad word against it..BUT..last time I used it the chicken was different..itā€™s always been lovely tender breast meat..last time the chicken was these git chunks..stringy..not as nice as before..last night me brother got one from the one where Windmills used to be and he said the same..I saw it and the git chunks looked the same as what I got..whatā€™s going on..cheaper alternative maybe?
Possibly be ex cage laying hens mate a couple of years old, those hens usually have a lifespan of around 1 to 2 years and then kaput, not usually destined for the food chain and ground up to make sheep food if i recall or in your case your supper šŸ“šŸ“šŸ“

Iā€™ve always used Roker Tandoori..beautiful wonā€™t hear a bad word against it..BUT..last time I used it the chicken was different..itā€™s always been lovely tender breast meat..last time the chicken was these git chunks..stringy..not as nice as before..last night me brother got one from the one where Windmills used to be and he said the same..I saw it and the git chunks looked the same as what I got..whatā€™s going on..cheaper alternative maybe?

Probably Turkey.

Lovely bit of squirrel, saffron is the best like never had nee complaints yet and i order from there once a month at least

Almost all Indian and Chinese takeaways will use the cheapest frozen cuts of meat, usually imported from half way round the world, the difference being Indian is usually halal.
If meat provenance is your thing, I'd steer clear of Indian takeaways.

Roker has gone right off recently mate and we've been using them for about 20 years.

Saffron has taken the crown.

Possibly be ex cage laying hens mate a couple of years old, those hens usually have a lifespan of around 1 to 2 years and then kaput, not usually destined for the food chain and ground up to make sheep food if i recall or in your case your supper šŸ“šŸ“šŸ“
Rescued some a few years ago, weirdly the friendliest chickens weā€™ve had, loved our boy, followed him everywhere. Poor buggers were practically bald when we got them. Still layed every day for about a year. Had been destined for the chop, 2 quid each from farmer. Well worth doing if you have time and space.

I Had the same issue, from loads of takeaways (sr6), but started ordering takeaways from restaurants, the chicken alWays was stringy and sometimes cubed, from any of them down the seafront it was perfect.

Iā€™ve been finding this for a long time now in both restaurants and takeaways. Even old favourites like Goa and the Moti, the chicken is dry and tasteless. Iā€™d put it down to two things: 1. obviously the Pre cooked cheap chicken from god knows where and 2. The fact that they are preparing their curry sauces separately and just hoying the chicken in at the end to warm it through. The only place I seem to get properly cooked ā€œrealā€ chicken now is the Chinese at Doxford Park, it looks like chicken, feels like chicken and tastes like chicken that has actually been cooked along with the other ingredients.

Iā€™ve been finding this for a long time now in both restaurants and takeaways. Even old favourites like Goa and the Moti, the chicken is dry and tasteless. Iā€™d put it down to two things: 1. obviously the Pre cooked cheap chicken from god knows where and 2. The fact that they are preparing their curry sauces separately and just hoying the chicken in at the end to warm it through. The only place I seem to get properly cooked ā€œrealā€ chicken now is the Chinese at Doxford Park, it looks like chicken, feels like chicken and tastes like chicken that has actually been cooked along with the other ingredients.

ā€œsmells like fish,
Looks like chickin,
Thats the place,
You put your dick inā€

Old classic from school there.

Weā€™ve had chicken breasts when eating out that have been almost crunchy when biting through them. When I googled it at the time they mentioned that it was due to those chickens being bred to be as big as possible in a short space of time.

Can you hear them cracking in a darkened room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back