Chicken in Indian Takeaways

Cheesy Feet

Striker
I’ve always used Roker Tandoori..beautiful won’t hear a bad word against it..BUT..last time I used it the chicken was different..it’s always been lovely tender breast meat..last time the chicken was these git chunks..stringy..not as nice as before..last night me brother got one from the one where Windmills used to be and he said the same..I saw it and the git chunks looked the same as what I got..what’s going on..cheaper alternative maybe?

I had the same problem with the last one I ordered here in Hartlepool. The tandoori chicken starter (leg) was spot on but the stuff in the Dhansak (breast) was tough & chewy. I suspect the producers have been a bit short so hoyed some boilers in to bulk out the order.

Possibly pre cooked frozen chicken, it has a false texture if that makes sense. It’s cheaper as it’s bought over from places like Poland or even Brazil.
They just defrost it then drop it in the curry to heat, saves an awful lot of cross contamination issues and makes it much easier to get 5* from the EHO.

I had the same problem with the last one I ordered here in Hartlepool. The tandoori chicken starter (leg) was spot on but the stuff in the Dhansak (breast) was tough & chewy. I suspect the producers have been a bit short so hoyed some boilers in to bulk out the order.

Never had any issues with any Indian takeaway I’ve ever used but just found it strange happening in two.

I’ve always used Roker Tandoori..beautiful won’t hear a bad word against it..BUT..last time I used it the chicken was different..it’s always been lovely tender breast meat..last time the chicken was these git chunks..stringy..not as nice as before..last night me brother got one from the one where Windmills used to be and he said the same..I saw it and the git chunks looked the same as what I got..what’s going on..cheaper alternative maybe?
Quorn

Taste fowl?

Possibly pre cooked frozen chicken, it has a false texture if that makes sense. It’s cheaper as it’s bought over from places like Poland or even Brazil.
They just defrost it then drop it in the curry to heat, saves an awful lot of cross contamination issues and makes it much easier to get 5* from the EHO.
You're probably right or it could of been overcooked, it goes stringy then.

We’ve had chicken breasts when eating out that have been almost crunchy when biting through them. When I googled it at the time they mentioned that it was due to those chickens being bred to be as big as possible in a short space of time.

We’ve had chicken breasts when eating out that have been almost crunchy when biting through them. When I googled it at the time they mentioned that it was due to those chickens being bred to be as big as possible in a short space of time.
could be right, I did a job in an Indian takeaway a while ago, when I went in on the morning there was a big tray of chicken breasts on the kitchen counter, and they were massive, I thought they could have been turkey actually, i've never seen chicken breasts as big as these in any supermarket/ butchers/ wholesalers.

Aye sometimes places go with cheap shite ( like you get in Chinese usually!) - manky isn't it?

Someone at work had a Tesco tikka masala... The ingredients stated the chicken was apparently from Indonesia or somewhere out that way... I couldn't believe it then saw the same with their sandwiches....how can chicken be cheaper when it's flown half way round the world.? .. We should be supporting British chicken... Goodness knows the conditions over there... I always check now

Akkis,Goa, and cinemon kitchen are better

Someone at work had a Tesco tikka masala... The ingredients stated the chicken was apparently from Indonesia or somewhere out that way... I couldn't believe it then saw the same with their sandwiches....how can chicken be cheaper when it's flown half way round the world.? .. We should be supporting British chicken... Goodness knows the conditions over there... I always check now

Do you really think the conditions over here are any better like?

I agree though that these environmentally mental practices should be stopped. If we can grow or farm it here then we shouldn't be importing stuff from different continents. It's wrong.

Back