Chess

Been playing lichess a couple of months now. Just playing games with a 5 minute clock, quickly went down to a rating of 900 at it, but got back up to 1100 now.

How do people deal with proposed takebacks. I just decline every one but been getting a bit grief lately off people. Should I just say fuck them. I've never requested one.

I've just destroyed a really good chess player ha ha brilliant game.

I would, but, I play a long game and I don't think you'd want to sit for 3 hours while I strategically surrounded you with pins and forks.

Cheers for the offer though. ;)
play Chess with me and stop your cowardness marra you can take as long as you like to make your move it wont make any difference I will still beat you marra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started using lichess and playing a fair bit more but am still rubbish. Been watching some YouTube videos by Ben Finegold but does the wise SMB have any tips on being less rubbish?

Ta.
https://sah-conpet.com/phpbb/images/Starting Out the Sicilian (Emms).pdf
read a book like this - i haven't read it more than the first couple of pages .
I pick it cos its the sicilian so they will have to justify the various openings. Don't worry too much about the actual moves although tbh doing the opening correctly gives you an advantage. But the justifications for the moves will help you think about what works in chess and what doesn't

My tips for chess:
Don't throw all your pawns out 2 spaces in the first few moves or you'll just lose the fuckers and end up in a mess. Move 1 pawn 1 space, then dance your knight around for a few moves to see what the opponent are doing. It isn't a race to the centre. Getting your pawns massacred wins no prizes.
Don't go exchanging pieces without a plan. Giving the opponent cheap pieces will get you in the shit. An eye for an eye = you have no eyes left in no time flat.
Never throw your Queen away even if you take their Queen. It's the best piece on the board. Protect the bitch with your life. Use her to take a piece then back the fuck off. Hide her behind something. Never throw your Queen away for anything other than a checkmate.
When you move something.. have a purpose. Don't just move for the sake of moving. If you do, and your opponent has a purpose, then you lose.

Basically, play defensive counter-attack. Set up your pawns in forks with Bishops/Knights in support. Don't go charging pieces up the board because there's nothing there for you but death and anguish.

Read this book and not only will your chess playing dramatically improve you will see chess in a whole new light and enjoy it a lot more.
Logon or register to see this image

Don't go charging pieces up the board because there's nothing there for you but death and anguish.
I do this for fun, its great seeing my opponent panic and bow out gracefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back