Chess

Discussion in 'SMB' started by RossTheNinja, Oct 11, 2018.

1. dcl0sc

dcl0sc Striker

I remember when I started running a chess league on here. Didn't have the time to keep creating and putting the league table up. Would play again if someone else run it!

2. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Well you can count me out, I might not beat you tomorrow but if I read Samurai Chess I might stand a chance.

dcl0sc likes this.
  3. dcl0sc

dcl0sc Striker

Nice one..............................marra

niceonemarra likes this.
  4. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Good chess players are taught Chess and then make their own minds up I understand that now.

dcl0sc likes this.
  5. Hue Jorgan

Hue Jorgan Midfield

Horsey to king bish

Ah postal chess

6. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Protect the King you selfish barstards.

Chess anyone?

I would pay to play Chess and I don't accept Cheques mate.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Space Hopper likes this.
  7. fyl2u

fyl2u Striker

I used to play on RedHotPawn.com

This one's more a "chess by mail" vibe. You make a move then the other guy has 24 hours (or whatever time you chose in the game options at the start) to make a move.

8. Carteron

Carteron Midfield

I literally signed up to lichess yesterday. Wanted to learn to play properly for ages. Will get some practice and games under my belt and be up for some games then

RossTheNinja likes this.
  9. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

I've played load of Chess but online Chess is fucking shite. Has anyone got a good platform for playing Chess?

10. Dagzd1973 likes this.
  11. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

The best free, adless Chess server looks like the best one like. You can start a game with any time limit and send a link to someone to join like this Correspondence casual Chess • Challenge from Anonymous or just play a random person online. People can also watch your game.

fyl2u likes this.
  12. fyl2u

fyl2u Striker

Dagzd1973 likes this.
  13. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

Don't even have to unless you want a username but aye it's a canny site. Perfect for a quick game. Exactly what people want.

It makes a nice change when you don't have to block 73 ads and use throwaway emails to avoid bloody spam.

fyl2u likes this.
  14. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

A few people on here have challenged med to a gamde of C hedss ===== i'll have to play them tomorrow as I'm to pissed right now but I will beat them.

Dagzd1973 likes this.
  15. fyl2u

fyl2u Striker

Well, I just nearly embarrassed myself on there. I was playing pretty aggressive defence against a pretty aggressive player; he screwed up royally, putting me a rook up heading towards the endgame, then as I was closing in on the mate I dropped my own rook in the wrong spot when I failed to hold down the mouse button long enough to put it where I was trying to put it. Luckily he either didn't notice or was feeling sorry for me and I still managed the win a few moves later. :lol:

niceonemarra and Dagzd1973 like this.
  16. CatRyan

CatRyan Striker

Reply to this in the next 4 minutes and you can kick my back doors in

17. Kevj

Kevj Winger

You’re not very strategic even within one thread marra.

18. The Exile

The Exile Striker

That's an illegal move. In some countries anyway.

19. CatRyan

CatRyan Striker

move incomplete due to time infraction

20. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

I couldn't play chess with one of those clocks it would really distract me.