Cheating partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree and all people are different but I don't buy the idea that a daft fling means throw everything else away ,if there is genuine remorse and acceptance etc
Plenty couples take secrets to their graves and lived happily not knowing .Same people as the ones who catch each other

This.

You cant just say kids suffer when parents don't love each but its okay for your mam to try a few loving boyfriends instead etc etc
Fred and Rose loved each other ffs

Kids aren't daft they pick up on things adults think go over their heads.

Any decent person wouldn't introduce new partners until a decent amount of time had passed so it's not like kids are meeting new people every week.

Also just my opinion you are showing kids bad traits and attitudes. Being miserable and not enjoying life.

That 'staying together for the kids' doesn't always create the healthiest environment for kids to grow up in, and could even set a bad example for them.
Aye "problys" ..ha way man
And probably not
He's just guessing ...
Damaged ? I know loving couples shout non stop at each other

Aye "problys" ..ha way man
And probably not
He's just guessing ...
Damaged ? I know loving couples shout non stop at each other
Maybe they do. But couples that don't love each other, don't like each other, and maybe even resent each other probably shouldn't be staying together for the sake of the kids.

Maybe they do. But couples that don't love each other, don't like each other, and maybe even resent each other probably shouldn't be staying together for the sake of the kids.
That's a step further the liking and resent bit .Many get on perfectly fine but have lost their way
Not everyone kicks stuff all over the house when a marriage starts wobbling
Plenty loving couples are shit parents ask Dave Gilmour
My brother did more "damage " to young me than any tiffs my parents had man

That's a step further the liking and resent bit .Many get on perfectly fine but have lost their way
Maybe it's just the way I read it but that's the way I thought he was swaying with his comment...

It was this part I thought he had a point with though...

Also sets an awful example of how a relationship should be like for when they are older

I know of someone whose parents stayed together "for the kids", whilst he reckons his father shagged about. This behaviour is something he's taken into adulthood in his own relationships.

I can relate to what he was saying in other ways too, so no, I don't think he was "just making this stuff up".

Last edited:
Maybe it's just the way I read it but that's the way I thought he was swaying with his comment...

It was this part I thought he had a point with though...

Also sets an awful example of how a relationship should be like for when they are older

I know of someone whose parents stayed together "for the kids", whilst he reckons his father shagged about. This behaviour is something he's taken into adulthood in his own relationships.

I can relate to what he was saying in other ways too, so no, I don't think he was "just making this stuff up".
Don't buy it mate,my Dad was hopless and a handful with beer in him,not one of his six kids is

what I meant was he has an opinion and invented "problys" to cover it with nowt to back it up .Stuff just happens .What about loving couples with an alcoholic or has mental illnesses ,ptsd etc ,should they split up ?

Last edited:
Don't buy it mate,my Dad was hopless and a handful with beer in him,not one of his six kids is
That's something different. Clearly not every situation is the same. His overriding point was staying together for the kids isn't always the best thing for the kids. I think a lot of people could relate to that.

What did your brother do to you ? :eek:

That's something different. Clearly not every situation is the same. His overriding point was staying together for the kids isn't always the best thing for the kids. I think a lot of people could relate to that.

Spot on. But kids can be the glue that holds a relationship together, which goes on to prosper after say an episode of cheating, where without the kids it might have ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back