Cheating partner?

Missus text me at work saying she wanted to split up (16 years married). we talked about it and said i'll move out for a bit, give each other space.

2 weeks after i moved out she tells me shes seeing someone else who was a mutual acqaintance. She said she just bumped into him and it went from there. Eventually she admitted it had been going on before we split.

Now in process of getting divorced. I'm now financially ruined, renting a flat at 48 years old, driving a 17 year old mondeo, no doubt will have to work into my 70's (if i live that long).

I hate her guts.

Oh well, mustn't grumble :rolleyes:

You’ve changed since you had kids.

:lol: Not really. I argued then, and I'm arguing now, that it'd be daft to bin a relationship over a shag (which often mean nowt). Just now adding that I can see how kids being in the mix can make it harder to walk or make it worth sticking it out for.

Missus text me at work saying she wanted to split up (16 years married). we talked about it and said i'll move out for a bit, give each other space.

2 weeks after i moved out she tells me shes seeing someone else who was a mutual acqaintance. She said she just bumped into him and it went from there. Eventually she admitted it had been going on before we split.

Now in process of getting divorced. I'm now financially ruined, renting a flat at 48 years old, driving a 17 year old mondeo, no doubt will have to work into my 70's (if i live that long).

I hate her guts.

There's almost always someone else.

Thing is though if kids are involved, the worst thing I can imagine is some other random bloke bringing up my kids for at least half of the week. I would put up with a lot of crap to prevent that, not that I would let our lass know mind!

Many parents would agree I'd imagine.

Last edited:

I hate her guts.

No doubt the ex living the life of riley funded by you

No doubt the ex living the life of riley funded by you

Unless he's had a pay rise surely it'll be the same life as before, albeit with a different bloke. And why would he be funding it anyway?

The harsh truth is if people aren't happy in a relationship they are within their rights to make a move. Mind I think things should be worked at first but ultimately you are responsible for your own happiness.

Last edited:
Who knows. Depends on the individual. One person might have put more in than the other. Or the house might not even get sold

I worked with someone who had the house till the kids were 18, then had to sell it

Showing my ignorance as I didn't think who put what in came into it tbh. Can understand a bit if kids are involved though, be harsh f***ing off and in the process making your children homeless.

Aren't houses sold down the middle? Mind it may have been a mistake moving out. My stance has always been the one wanting out shifts.

If you've got kids in the mix someone usually stays put to minimise the upheaval for them, the one moving out is going to be worse off as they'll pay maintenance for the family home and have to rent/buy another gaff.

I've heard of a few couples not separating due to financial reasons.

If you've got kids in the mix someone usually stays put to minimise the upheaval for them, the one moving out is going to be worse off as they'll pay maintenance for the family home and have to rent/buy another gaff.

I've heard of a few couples not separating due to financial reasons.

Can't see why both places are not collectively paid for in that situation.

Last edited:
Can't see why both places are not collectively paid for in that situation.

In an ideal world it would but I would imagine the most common scenario with separations is the mother stays with the kids in the family home, the bloke leaves and has to pay maintenance to the wife for the kids.

Nobody will want a reduced lifestyle which is why the CSA exists! Herbal got shafted iirc.

In an ideal world it would but I would imagine the most common scenario with separations is the mother stays with the kids in the family home, the bloke leaves and has to pay maintenance to the wife for the kids.

Nobody will want a reduced lifestyle which is why the CSA exists! Herbal got shafted iirc.

That's to ensure the kid doesnt go without. I'm on about the cost of existing mortgage and whatever new place is being rented. That should be split. Know a couple of couples who did that, where basically what the bloke paid to rent he took off what he usually put in for the mortgage, with her tipping up the extra.

That's to ensure the kid doesnt go without. I'm on about the cost of existing mortgage and whatever new place is being rented. That should be split. Know a couple of couples who did that, where basically what the bloke paid to rent he took off what he usually put in for the mortgage, with her tipping up the extra.

It should be in theory but I doubt it is in most cases. I imagine most people want a clean break and don't want to tied to one another financially regardless if that means one half is worse off.

It should be in theory but I doubt it is in most cases. I imagine most people want a clean break and don't want to tied to one another financially regardless if that means one half is worse off.

Well they are tied if the bloke is still sorting the mortgage whilst renting.

Showing my ignorance as I didn't think who put what in came into it tbh. Can understand a bit if kids are involved though, be harsh f***ing off and in the process making your children homeless.
Depends what is arranged when buying house. When we bought i hoyed in double compared to the mrs. She wanted it in the contract that if sold altogether and not moving then we should get our % stake back.

Depends what is arranged when buying house. When we bought i hoyed in double compared to the mrs. She wanted it in the contract that if sold altogether and not moving then we should get our % stake back.

She sounds like one to watch.

I put in more but was happy to because I wanted to leave home but needed a substitute mam to look after me.

We've always said everything down the middle.

She sounds like one to watch.

I put in more but was happy to because I wanted to leave home but needed a substitute mam to look after me.

We've always said everything down the middle.
Well if it was the other way round i would agree but it means i am financially better off if sold the house so i wont be too concerned ;)

Back