Cheap car to daily drive to Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do pity the daft fuckers queuing all the way back from the Tyne bridge to Heworth roundabout on a morning.

not a chance in hell I would drive into Newcastle every day. It’s bad enough driving out of the city at 6.40 on a morning.

testos roundabout “upgrades” is causing major traffic congestion right back to the Tyne bridge that’s having a massive knock on effect on a night as well
With me being in a field role. I only go over the tyne bridge after 10 or its ridiculous queues and Make sure I'm back over before 3.

Tyne tunnel is alright on a morning apart from 9-half 9.

Dacia Sandero, if want bigger, Duster.

But wait for the replies saying you have given up on life if you buy one.
Bought a Sandero as a second car 4 and a half year ago for the OP's reason, to drive to work through Newcastle. £109 a month for a new car with 4 year warranty, first time in the garage the other week for an issue, fixed in no time. It's been class for the money, couldn't knock it.

Bought a Sandero as a second car 4 and a half year ago for the OP's reason, to drive to work through Newcastle. £109 a month for a new car with 4 year warranty, first time in the garage the other week for an issue, fixed in no time. It's been class for the money, couldn't knock it.
I have had a duster since new and it's been amazing, other half had a Sandero with no issues ever and only got rid due to us having another baby and a caravan to tow and needing a bigger car.

I do pity the daft fuckers queuing all the way back from the Tyne bridge to Heworth roundabout on a morning.

not a chance in hell I would drive into Newcastle every day. It’s bad enough driving out of the city at 6.40 on a morning.

testos roundabout “upgrades” is causing major traffic congestion right back to the Tyne bridge that’s having a massive knock on effect on a night as well

I find the queue for Heworth is backed up to the pelaw turn off. It then moves pretty freely upto the Hyundai garage because most of the traffic is still waiting at Heworth. Once you get there though it barely moves. That junction is a disaster.

On the way back is the same junction, traffic backed up to the RVI turn off due to the lights at the south of the Tyne bridge, this alone is easily 30-45mins. Once your past there is not too bad, until you get past Gateshead stadium where it backs backed up from heworth, probably 20mins or so there.

that’s before you factor in the testos works, currently on the way back that is almost always backed up to whitemare pool.

I’ve drove to work a handful of times for various reasons and SR6 to the RVI was about and hour and a half.

Had a sandero stepway. Basic as owt but I liked it, cheap as chips to own and run. Debating a Duster when the Zafira dies.
I’m not exactly a petrol head but those Dacia cars are awful. Had a lift off a lad at work a few weeks ago. It’s built out of bean cans. You feel as though the things going to fall apart. Road noise was the loudest in a car I’ve ever heard

If you’re going to be in a lot of slow moving traffic, an automatic. My next car will be so I don’t have to fuck about with gears on the A1 on the way home.
This . I do about 45 mins each way in nose to tail traffic . The CRV I drive has a long clutch travel and it's f***ing my patella tendon .

This . I do about 45 mins each way in nose to tail traffic . The CRV I drive has a long clutch travel and it's f***ing my patella tendon .
I’m driving a Mini and the clutch isn’t the lightest. Had a go in the missus car the other week, nearly put me foot through the floor when I put the clutch down.

Had a sandero stepway. Basic as owt but I liked it, cheap as chips to own and run. Debating a Duster when the Zafira dies.
I have a zafira and duster, for running costs the duster is miles better. Zafira probably a bit more comfortable
My Mrs turned her nose up at a 15 plate for under 3 k. So basic inside its like going back to the 80s interiors
It's never going to be plush for the price point. Amazing cars? No. Excellent value and reliable? Yes.

I’m not exactly a petrol head but those Dacia cars are awful. Had a lift off a lad at work a few weeks ago. It’s built out of bean cans. You feel as though the things going to fall apart. Road noise was the loudest in a car I’ve ever heard
Not that bad in my opinion. Road noise is a bit louder but not problematic. At the end of you day you buy a Dacia for good value which is what the OP asked for

I’m driving a Mini and the clutch isn’t the lightest. Had a go in the missus car the other week, nearly put me foot through the floor when I put the clutch down.
Yeah our lass drives a jazz and it's light as a feather with about an inch travel thinking of trading hers for an auto and I will use it for work and keep the CRV for distance .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back