Cheap car to daily drive to Newcastle

We still don't know what the OP's budget is. But in this case there is more than enough evidence to support the saying that the best things come in small packages. The old advert for the Metro with Batman in the 80's proved it. The ad demonstrated the fact whereas the Batmobile was too big for a big build up city traffic congestion, the Metro on the other hand could nip through. In most other situations a smaller car is more practical. Why people venerate larger cars is beyond me.

For me there is nothing wrong with my Fizzy' (Slang for Fiesta) for commutes like the OP requires.

But if you want something that looks the part and has lots of equipment that won't let you down but that is cheap then the Audi A1.

Audi A1s are really cheap are they though.

If you’re going to be in a lot of slow moving traffic, an automatic. My next car will be so I don’t have to fuck about with gears on the A1 on the way home.
This. I use our golf to commute to sunderland, it’s a manual and it’s a ballache, gonna trade it in for something that is auto soon I think

Audi A1s are really cheap are they though.

They can be. Not new ones. Second hand ones.

Though if you live say in Shields' and you work in Newcastle the best car to have is the Mitsubishi Evo. You will be able to let the boss know you are coming before you have even left the house going on the din the engine makes.

I have actually found a guy worse than FIAT 500-man who I never see anymore. Some guy (and you can paint a very good and accurate pic of the type of guy who drives it and the lass he has as gf) drives in and out of the street in one. A row of garages is separate to the houses they belong to which are on the main road outside the cul-de-sac. These can only be accessed by going out of the rear of the property and going through a passageway. His lass it seems lives only round the corner. From the top of my cul-de-sac about 312 ft down the road is the first left which is the top of the road she lives on. It would take about 2 mins to get from his to hers. Yet he uses the car it seems almost frequently. I can imagine what it was like on the ears to hear a load of WWII bombers flying overhead.

Until charging a battery and the mileage it gets is the same as I get out of a internal combustion engine car I’ll hold off.
The Mrs has a 30kw Leaf - it gets fully charged overnight for less than 3 quid and then completes 75 miles the next day - doubt a combustion engine will match that

Back