Cheap car to daily drive to Newcastle

Are electric cars generally easier to drive?

In the main, yes. They're automatic. Less practical though.

Plenty of faster cars, but most people don't drive £40k+ go-karts

Those £40k go-karts will beat a Golf Type R or Audi S3 off the line though. I've driven a manual for the past four and a half years, I'm getting an automatic next year. Less engaging to drive, absolutely but I wouldn't say they're not fun. I certainly don't get any fun out of sitting in traffic on and off the clutch. Do you?

In the main, yes. They're automatic. Less practical though.

Those £40k go-karts will beat a Golf Type R or Audi S3 off the line though
. I've driven a manual for the past four and a half years, I'm getting an automatic next year. Less engaging to drive, absolutely but I wouldn't say they're not fun. I certainly don't get any fun out of sitting in traffic on and off the clutch. Do you?

I'm no car expert but I'd be very surprised if that's true

I'm no car expert but I'd be very surprised if that's true

There aren't many 'regular' cars on Britain's roads that accelerate faster than a Tesla Model S (the standard one does it in 4.0, the fastest in 2.4) but the I-PACE will hit 60 in 4.5. I'm wrong about the E-Tron, that's 5.5 - slower than I thought. The Type R and S3 are marginally slower than the I-PACE.

The Tesla, I-PACE and E-Tron will definitely get to 30 faster than the Type R and S3 though. I'm no mechanic but it's all about how fast the power gets to the wheels - much faster in an electric motor than a combustion engine meaning the electric car has massive power from the second you hit the pedal.

Not sure if electric is for the OP though, unless he wants a Seat Mii.

Last edited:
Suggestions?

30 mile round trip to Newcastle over Tyne bridge in slow traffic every day.
Take the Toonarmy Express when your life's in a mess
It'll make you smile
Subhuman life is here
From the feeble old dear to the gravy stained child
From the student who knows that to have one of those
Would be suicide
To the family man
Wanking over the pram with paternal pride
And everybody sings 'ba ba ba da'
We're going where the air is free

Which is exactly what the Dacia Duster etc are .They are like a Cold War relic from communist Russia or An eastern block country.

Tragic cars.
I’m driving a Mini and the clutch isn’t the lightest. Had a go in the missus car the other week, nearly put me foot through the floor when I put the clutch down.
So the mini is actually yours and not your lasses .?

Which is exactly what the Dacia Duster etc are .They are like a Cold War relic from communist Russia or An eastern block country.

Tragic cars.

So the mini is actually yours and not your lasses .?

They’re not a Lada, they’re a previous generation Renault. It’s like what a seat/skoda is to Audi/VW. Seat and Skoda will often have the tech from the VW/Audi from about 5 years ago.

I do pity the daft fuckers queuing all the way back from the Tyne bridge to Heworth roundabout on a morning.

not a chance in hell I would drive into Newcastle every day. It’s bad enough driving out of the city at 6.40 on a morning.

testos roundabout “upgrades” is causing major traffic congestion right back to the Tyne bridge that’s having a massive knock on effect on a night as well
Thought the roads up there were a pleasure to drive on ?

Back