Charlton forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

No real issues on there.. why wouldn't they talk up their chances apart from the fans reference there is truth in most of it.. 50/50 game .
Depend who turns up on the day .

Well, it is definitionally not, as it is a subjective assessment, and a bizarre one at that. How does a team finish with 86 points and not outplay anybody? Did none of the teams below us outplay anybody?

Who've we outplayed?

Well it's not really. Generally a winning side outplays a losing one.
You said we "outplayed" them down there, in a game we drew.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be concerned about Charlton if they didn’t have Taylor up front. He’s good, too good for L1 and I think he’ll be the difference.

Who've we outplayed?
Well we've won several games 3 and 4-1, so at least most of them. However, you're shifting the burden of proof - you made the assertion that we hadn't outplayed anybody this season, and 'that's why we finished 5th'. So, does that mean that every team who finished below us, also didn't outplay anybody?

Tbf their league form since the turn of the year has been excellent, i'd be more confident if we were on a good run like them. Think they conceded 10 goals in last 20 games before playoffs.

Who've we outplayed?

You said we "outplayed" them down there, in a game we drew.

I was referring to the first half. Nothing to fear.

Only two other clubs in the football league have lost fewer games than we have, Man City and Liverpool. We're a very difficult team to beat, we have a great chance to win and go up.

Blunderland wtf :confused::lol:

Sharton Gashletic...class this. Blunderland ffs. You'd think we were their local rivals.

Last edited:
I was referring to the first half. Nothing to fear.

Only two other clubs in the football league have lost fewer games than we have, Man City and Liverpool. We're a very difficult team to beat, we have a great chance to win and go up.
I niver said we didn't.

Well we've won several games 3 and 4-1, so at least most of them. However, you're shifting the burden of proof - you made the assertion that we hadn't outplayed anybody this season, and 'that's why we finished 5th'. So, does that mean that every team who finished below us, also didn't outplay anybody?
Don't be stupid. We've made hard work of the majority of our results, many of them draws. That's the point I was making.

Last edited:
They’ve been the better side against us twice this season. They’re in better form than we are. They have some very confident lads. I think they’re the favourites to be honest.

They’ve been the better side against us twice this season. They’re in better form than we are. They have some very confident lads. I think they’re the favourites to be honest.

First part is just not true. Both games were pretty even and we beat them home, drew away. At their place they outplayed us second half but we were better first half and still had chances to win it late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back