Charlton forum

There is no official boycott, some fans boycott home games, some go but don't spend more than they have to, some only go to away games. And a lot can't be arsed to go to a club that is so poorly run - prior to Bowyer getting the job - which was always the cheap option btw. Some fans don't get it. They are the sort of people who if they had their way, we would still be seeing kids sent up Chimneys! They are everywhere and you will have some - we have a few who seem to think they are more important than other fans but there are fewer of them than they think or claim. They try to talk for people that they don't represent! To be honest, the most important fans are the ones that can't be arsed as the protestors care enough to always support the club and the anti-protestors will go if Adolph Hitler is in charge! For the club to be successful, the ones that would rather do something else than be disrespected and served up crap have to want to come back. Bowyer is bringing them back....for now.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks for letting me join in.

I'm a Charlton fan living in rural Devon, so I understand the aggro of getting to London I'm driving up as we don't have trains or planes anywhere near here.

I was lucky enough to be at the 98 final, I thought that the rivalry of the fans was top draw, particularity afterwards.

I'm surprised at the interest in this match from Charlton fans, but as others have pointed out, we ain't been there since 98, in fact we have never been to the new stadium. After all the mismanagement of the club since Roland bought us, we are desperate to get back to just thinking about football again.

I used to be a season ticket holder even after moving down to Devon, but have not been to the Valley for a few years and that was because there was a demonstration. I'm looking forward to catching up with mates not seen for a while and you never know, we might even win.

One of my mate's Lives in Newcastle (sorry is that word allowed), anyway as we were firmly in the play off spots and you were looking for automatics, he bought a train ticket a month or so ago for a day trip to Wembley. So look out for a couple that don't have a Sunderand shirt on and it's probably my mate and his lady, he is going to thank me for this i'm sure. ;)

One little story from 98 is that the then Charlton Chairman, yes our owners used to come to Charlton matches then, regrets not turning to your Chairman just before the Pens to shake his hand. Of course, once the game was over, the chance was missed.

Have a great trip everyone whatever the result.

Back