Charlton forum

Have they? It was the opening day when we beat them and that was thanks to a last gasp header from Gooch. For a good hour or so of that game it looked very much like "fuck sake, here we go again".

They played well down their place and looked the more likely side.

I think they'll probably feel they're due a win against us, and I doubt anybody would be very surprised if they got one.

We beat them at home and outplayed them down their place, we should have had the away game wrapped up by half time.

I notice you're quick to defend them and fail to give us any credit. Canny.

Last edited:
They squeezed ahead of us in the table on the final day of the season, having been beneath us for pretty much the entire season. So them claiming any real superiority based on that is silly nonsense at this stage.

They took 1 point from us in 2 games, courtesy of an own goal from Reece James.

They've just fluked their way past a Doncaster side who finished a dozen or so points below them, having shit themselves and been deservedly beaten at home by them - If Doncaster had a remotely decent keeper (or one that didn't fall over), we'd have been playing them in the final.

In short, a team we took 4 points off, fluked their way past a team we took 6 points off, and we go into the final having not even conceded a goal in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Charlton fan here...I'm banned from Charlton forums for not hating RD so I usually join the opposition forum where I'm generally accepted and treated very well. Found a nice home on the Donny forum and will stay with them for the coming season. Got to say that although the Donny lads are ok, you lot are proper grounded and give credit where it's due. We are all one football family, thus I've never seen the need for hostility. I'm here for banter, a bit of sarcasm and Bon Ami.
May the best men win...one life, be nice as there is no point in not being.

I was gonna ask if this was the game where Wyke missed a couple of sitters, but there were a few games like that... :lol:

I just remember hanging on in the second half after taking an early lead - but again, there's been quite a few games like that!
Aye. He missed a couple. Gooch hit the bar as well.

Last edited:
Most of the fans I spoke to at the beginning of the season actually thought they wouldnt have a full squad for the season. Those up front they had were pacey but mentioned a problem at the back in the fact they managed to leak more goals than they scored. Table doesnt lie so they havent leaked as badly as those sides below them. In general I find them quite a grounded bunch and in fairness I'd probably feel confident that they could beat us given their form (forget the Donny game but they will have gained confidence that they can come back from the dead). We by comparison have often been sluggish and often dependant on one or two players to lift both the pace and dictate the style of play. I hope McGeady is fit for Sunday, but one man doth not a team maketh...

Read their ticket allocation thread

Phase 1
ST/SC Valley Gold (must be like our membership scheme) or 100 loyalty points

Phase 2
Those w purchase history

Phase 3
General sale

Good plan but still have about 3.5k unsold as of Monday mid day.
Id bet we have close to 10000 unsold. No fucker wants them it seems

They squeezed ahead of us in the table on the final day of the season, having been beneath us for pretty much the entire season. So them claiming any real superiority based on that is silly nonsense at this stage.

They took 1 point from us in 2 games, courtesy of an own goal from Reece James.

They've just fluked their way past a Doncaster side who finished a dozen or so points below them, having shit themselves and been deservedly beaten at home by them - If Doncaster had a remotely decent keeper (or one that didn't fall over), we'd have been playing them in the final.

In short, a team we took 4 points off, fluked their way past a team we took 6 points off, and we go into the final having not even conceded a goal in the playoffs.

Sounds canny when you put it like that

Back